十 ; Awakening

‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒

NOTES

Enmu is my favorite Lower Moon. Rui is a close second.
Enjoy :)

‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒

— "EVERYTHING'S SET." LOWER ONE SMILES as he stands atop the Mugen Train. "The ropes which I created allow one to invade the dreams of whoever it is you are tethered to. I always use the utmost caution when I engage in battle. . ."

He looks up to the night sky, grinning sadistically.

"Hashira or not, when you are asleep you are no different to that of a newborn. I will enjoy this savory feast after I have disposed of the demon hunters."

"Lower One!" Hikari calls to him, having woken up and climbed back onto the roof of the train.

Lower One gasps and looks back at Hikari, before smiling and turning fully to face her.

"Oh, Lady Hikari! What can I do to possibly satisfy your next request?" he gushes.

"I see you only had four people controlled, not five. Did you plan to affect me with your Blood Demon Art?" Hikari asks coldly.

Lower One tilts his head.
"I never intended to affect you. . . it must had been the ink on your ticket. . ."

"I knew you'd done something with the tickets." Hikari mutters. "It doesn't matter now. I'm awake, I know exactly how to get out of the dream you put me in."

"Well, what on earth are you doing up here? Surely you should be killing those demon hunters freely. . ." Lower One asks.

"Surely you should be making sure not to kill the person I told you to leave alone." Hikari snaps. "I asked you specifically to leave the boy with hanafuda earrings, and you've trapped him too. Unlike me, he doesn't know how to escape. He hasn't experienced your Blood Demon Art before."

"But Master Muzan insisted-"

"I don't care what Lord Muzan insisted you do. I know I said you can hurt him, but I've changed my mind."

Hikari began to approach Lower One, her form reverting almost immediately. Her hair blew in the wind as the train's speed increased, and she stopped directly in front of the weaker demon.

"You are not to do anything to that boy. Understand?"

'Why do I feel bad for letting the others get hurt? It's only Tanjiro I have to protect, for the sake of Upper One. . . or am I just. . . letting human reason get in the way? What is wrong with you, Hikari?!'

"I-I understand, Lady Hikari. . ." Lower One stutters in fear.

"If you even try to harm him, I will not hesitate to destroy you and disband the Lower Ranks." Hikari threatens, the kanji in her eyes glimmering in the moonlight. "I will never forgive you or myself if he dies."