Chapter one

Emma, Sam and Toby were happy because they were going to spend their summer vacation with their grandmother. This story is about something that happened to them while they are in their summer vacation. Their grandmother, Sofia was an old lady who lived in a small cottage near Lemton forest, two miles from the city centre of Lemton village. The village was famous with its delicious sweats which no one know who made these tasty sweets because the shopkeepers find a limited amount of sweats in front of their shops and no one knows where they are going from or what is the secret behind these sweets. A lot of people tried to discover the secret, but they failed and after some time they have just given up the whole idea. The grandmother was excited to host her grandchildren; she cooked Mushroom soup, potato cream with apple pie for deserts. At six o'clock the children arrived to the cottage and their grandmother was waiting in front of the door waiting for them. When Emma (who was the oldest of her brothers) saw the cottage, she was a little disappointed that her grandmother lives in a cottage instead of a house, but Sam had different opinion from his oldest sister; he said he likes the idea of the small cottage and Toby who was the youngest said he does not care unless there is a food.

As soon as they had their dinner, they said good night to their grandmother and gone upstairs to sleep. Their room was the biggest room in the cottage, there were three beds next to each other. When Emma opened the window, she saw a tree which has a very strong root and at the back of the tree, she saw a beautiful view of Lemton forest, but Toby told his sister to close the window because he feeling cold. The two boys sat on their sister 's bed to talk about what they are going to do in their summer holiday.

In the morning the children had their breakfast with their grandmother. The breakfast was Cornflakes with nuts and some Chocolate puddings from the shop in the town. The children were admired with the taste of the puddings. After having their breakfast, Emma asked her grandmother to teach her how to make strawberry cake, Sam and Toby went outside to play. After about an hour the children took their grandmother permission to go to the town to see the sweet shops. Toby and Sam were very excited to go, but Emma was not that excited to go because her grandmother told Sam and Toby that she will permit their going only if Emma agreed to go and because of that Emma has no choice but to go.

The children arrived to the town and there were many shops and the people in the town seemed friendly to the children. The shops were kind of small, but the aroma from these shops were so good. Toby ran very fast to one of the sweet shops, Emma and Sam followed him. The shop was very big and colorful, the fantastic aroma was everywhere. Toby asked the shopkeeper to give him Strawberry lollipops, Fruits sweets, jelly beans and sweets triangle. Emma was very angry of her brother so she asked the seller to give them one minute to talk.

"Are you crazy? We don't have enough money for all of that." Emma whispered.

"No I want all of them and I know you have the money. Mum gave you yesterday" Toby whispered.

"Buy them why are you so old fashioned who want to save money in this amazing shop. You are like tortoise" Sam said to his sister.

"What Tortoise! I will tell my grandmother to punish you" Emma shouted. Emma felt embarrassed in front of the seller and because of that she threw the money to them and she turned her face to the other side. The seller laughed at them and he told them "you resembled me of my childhood, I also used to argue with my brother about buy sweets and sometimes I buy them in secret" the seller started to laugh, but the children did not laugh because there was no joke. There was three question marks on their heads. (I advise you to see better joke because children are clever that you think). Emma did not want to try the sweets because she thought sweats are bad for the health. Toby and Sam were happy of the taste. Sam asked the seller where does he get all these delicious sweets, but the seller stayed a few seconds thinking before answering and finally he said " To tell the truth I don't know, every day in the morning I found a big amount of sweets in front of my shop "

"Oh that is strange why you don't stay up all night to see who will come to your shop" Emma said.

"I tried but I did not see anyone and most of the sellers did the same as me until all of us gave up" The seller answered.

"All the sellers should work together and be brave to capture these monsters" Sam said in an excited sound.

"And now the hero has come to save the planet with his ideas" Emma said in a bored voice.

"What did you say?" Sam asked Emma , but she said nothing.

The children left the shop after that, but there were a lot of questions in their minds. No one talked in the way; I am not sure but may be because each one has its own thoughts. At 6:00 the children had their dinner with their grandmother, and then they went to their bedroom to have a little chat. Emma closed the door and sit with her brothers on the bed.

"So anyone has an idea" Emma said.

"I think we should observe these shops at night to see who come and put these sweets" Sam suggested.

"But, the shopkeepers did that many times and there was no use." Emma said

"So what is your idea, clever girl?" Sam said

"I asked some people in the market today and they said there are no buildings here, I don't know what do you think, Toby?"

"I think it is a bad idea to know so we should forget the whole thing"

"What? Are you scared of an adventure, I cannot believe you are my brother"

"That is enough both of you. We will go with Sam 's idea and Toby, you don't have to come if you don't want."