九 ; Journey II

‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒

NOTES

I hope the conductor got to be with his family. :(
Enjoy :)

‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒

— "THANK YOU. . ." THE CONDUCTOR SAYS monotonously. "very much."

Suddenly, Rengoku jumps up and takes his sword in his hand.

"Conductor." he says. "Apologies for the sword, but there is a reason. So please keep at a safe distance."

Hikari does the same, taking her sword yet keeping the other four hidden. She looks ahead as the lights flicker, and it only takes a split second for a demon to appear and survey the surroundings.

Zenitsu gasps, and Inosuke takes a battle-ready stance despite being unarmed. The other passengers yell out in fear as the demon stands to its full height, and shuffle away from it as quickly as possible.

"What a giant." Rengoku remarks. "Did you use a Blood Demon Art? It was difficult to detect you."
The Hashira draws his sword, the kanji etched into the Nichirin glowing in the flickering light.
"Hear this. If you bear your fangs at the innocent, I will see your bone turned to ash with my bright red blade of fire!"

The demon roars in fury, the magnitude sending a chilling wind blowing through the carriage. Tanjiro goes to step forward and assist, but Hikari knocks him back without even turning.

"Flame Breathing. . . first form. . ."

"Sky Breathing. . . fifth form. . ."

The demon jumps towards the two, and Hikari leaps to the left while Rengoku leaps to the right. Hikari slashes the left side of the demon's neck, and Rengoku slices through the right side, the pair decapitating the demon with ease.

"Unknowing Fire!"

"Spotless Sky!"

The demon's head immediately disintegrates, while its body is suspended in mid-air for a few seconds before exploding and dissipating as if it was never there. The two Hashira landed silently on the wooden planks of the carriage ahead.

"Amazing. . . and with just one slice. . ." Tanjiro whispers in awe.

Passengers gasped at Rengoku and Hikari's skill, and muttered to each other in shock.

"There's still one more." Rengoku says, his expression serious.

"You three! Come with us!" Hikari calls to the three Tsuguko. Tanjiro immediately runs forward, followed by an excited Inosuke. Meanwhile, Zenitsu gasped while leaning on the floor, watching his friends run off.