The big birthday bash
-prongs

The big birthday bash-prongs

The gang at Moony's 17th
-Mac

The gang at Moony's 17th-Mac

The birthday boy
-Teddy

Remus' perspective.

I don't hate parties. In fact I find them quite amusing, enjoyable even (at times). However there is one specific time of the year at which I despise parties.
My Birthday.
Even the thought of a Birthday party makes me ill. I hate the attention. I hate the disappointment of it never living up to expectations. I hate having to speak to stupid people, and even worse I hate having to speak to stupid drunk people.
This year I turn 17. Finally of age. No more trace, no more having to use Sirius' ID to buy fire whiskey.
Finally, freedom.
This year has been a rollercoaster, but finally I'm with the girl I love and although my mum is ill I know I have the most wonderful friends in the world to help me get through it.

I have a pit in my stomach though, as I wind down the steps of the common room at 4pm on my birthday. Having already filled myself up on cake and opened presents from my loved ones I'm off to meet Teddy who requested I meet her for a 'special birthday surprise'.
James, Sirius, Peter and Marlene are all deep in conversation as I enter the common room. I try to listen to their excited whisperings but the second they see me they enter full James Potter level birthday celebrations.

I finally reach the great hall having been carried by James and Sirius. 'Only Best for our Birthday Boy!' in James' words.
"Hey Birthday boy." Teddy grins and walks towards me as James and Sirius make their exit giving me reassuring pats on the back.
"The amount of time I've heard that today is almost sickening."
"Well there's only one day a year we get to call you our little birthday boy, it's important we utilise that opportunity to the best of our ability." She smirks and grabs my hand. "Cmon Birthday boy, your surprise awaits." She skips off towards the lake with me in tow.

We make our way around the lake to our smoking hole. There Teddy has set up a picnic with candles and fairy lights everywhere. There is a huge array of foods and wine and even a big Birthday cake.
"Happy Birthday my love." She says softly into my ear. Her lips move gently to the spot right behind my ear where she knows I'm sensitive. I groan out slightly and grip her hips.
"Thank you darlin." I breathe.
Her lips move down my neck and back up around my jaw leaving a trail of little hickies before finally reaching my lips. Her kiss is more full than it has been for days...weeks. She feels like the old Teddy, the happier Teddy who didn't even need to tell me she loved me because I already knew just by the way she looked at me.
"I love you Remus, so much."
"I love you too baby."
"I don't want anything to ever change between us."
"Me neither."
"Promise you'll always love me, no matter what."
"Of course darling, always."
"I love you...okay well um...let's eat! Oh but one more thing....this isn't your last surprise of the night." She winked mischievously.