2.

as i get inside, i yell for my mom. "hey mom!" "hey sweetie, how was school?" she says from the living room. "meh, it was fine. are we still going over to the sturniolo's tonight?" i ask. "yes we are, marylou said we can come over whenever." she said in a soft tone. "okay great. i'm going to go change and then i will probably head over there." i say. "yeah i will too." my mom replies.

i run upstairs and throw on some shorts and a sweatshirt. a sweatshirt that is actually chris' that i've had since like forever. before you get ahead of yourself, i just like it because it's soft. it doesn't even smell like him anymore.

as im getting ready, i get a message. i look down and see it's from chris.
__________________________________
Christopher💩
can you hurry and get
over here? my brothers
annoy the fuck out of me.

Y/N🥶
                                                       yes, i am getting ready, i will be over in a sec.

Christopher💩
thank god.
__________________________________
CHRIS' POV:
i set my phone down and laying on my bed waiting for y/n to get here. i feel safe with her. she's my best friend and i got so lucky to have someone like that in my life. we've been through so much together.

as i am sitting on my bed i hear a knock on my bedroom door. "come in" i say. y/n walks in. "hey loser" y/n says. "i like that hoodie, where did you get it?" i say with a sarcastic tone. "a place called Chris' closet" she says.

i can't lie, she is one of the prettiest girls i've ever seen even in a green over sized sweatshirt of mine. what am i saying chris? snap out of it.

"come sit." i say tapping the side of my bed. y/n walks over and sits down. she grabs the remote from my hand and begins playing a movie. "aw hell no." y/n looks at me and smiles. "too late, i already turned it on." y/n says. "ugh fine." i say.

Y/N POV:
we're watching the movie and i notice chris starting to fall asleep. he scoots down a little and lays his head on my shoulder. i continue watching the movie. he is pretty cute when he does that. i start playing with his hair. he likes when i do that.

about an hour later i hear "DINNER" get shouted from the kitchen.

chris wakes up. "ugh i don't wanna move" he said in his sleepy voice. "come on, let's go eat." i say as i get up and walk to his side of the bed. i put my hand out and he grabs it and stands up.

he puts his arm around my shoulder and burps. "OH MY GOD, CHRIS!!!" he laughs. i push him off and then start laughing. his laugh is too contagious not to.

as we get into the kitchen, marylou and my mom were sitting next to each other, matt and nick were sitting on one side of the table and me and chris sat on the other side across from the boys. i sat across from matt and chris sat across from nick.

"how's dinner everyone?" marylou says. "it's awesome. thank you so much!" i say. "you are so sweet." marylou says.

we continue dinner laughing and cutting up with everyone.

AFTER DINNER:
after dinner, me and the boys went in the living room and played just dance.

"y/n, come play me" nick said. i jump up and we danced to Starboy by the Weekend. surprisingly, nick beat me. "take that motherfucker" nick says. "i hate you." i say rolling my eyes. matt, nick and chris all laugh.

as we played just dance for about an hour we all sat on the couch and started watching let it shine. i was sitting on the outside and chris sat next to me. me and chris sung every rap part of the song.

"y/n, come on it's getting late. we have to go. you all have school in the morning." said my mom.

i get up and all the boys get up after me. i gave all of them a hug but for some reason, when i gave chris a hug, his felt longer, like time had stopped and it was just me and him in the world. we stop hugging and i walk out of the front door with my mom.

CHRIS' POV:
when y/n hugged me, i've never felt like that before. it felt like time stopped and it was just me and her.

when she left i looked over at my brothers staring at me "can y'all stop staring at me?" i said. "chris, what was that?" nick asked. "what are you talking about?" i say. "chris, y'all just hugged for like ever." nick said. "oh my god, for the last time, we are not anything more than friends." i said. "says the guy who fell asleep in her arms watching a movie when she first got over here." said matt. "how- what? how did you know that?" i say. "i didn't but you just told me that now. boom." matt says and nick laughs. "fuck you. i'm going to bed."

i walk into my room and shut the door. i lay down in my bed and scroll through tiktok. for some reason, nick's words kept replaying in my head. yeah we hugged but it was nothing. we hug all the time. she hugged me just like she hugged them too, right? chris, your overthinking. go to bed. i shut my eyes and fall asleep.

Y/N POV:
i walk into the house and head into my room. i change into my pajamas and get ready for bed. "goodnight mom!" i shout from my bed. "goodnight sweetheart." she shouts from downstairs in the kitchen. i'm laying in bed and get on tiktok and see a tiktok chris sent to me. it was a story about two best friends who turned into lovers. it was so sweet. is this his way of telling me something?? surely not. y/n your overthinking wayyyy to much, go to bed. i shut my eyes and head to sleep.
__________________________________

AUTHORS NOTE:)
Hey!!! Thank you for reading chapter 2!! I'm loving this story!! Please feel free to leave any suggestion or comment on the story!!
Much love🩷
Xoxo, the author🫶🏼