八 ; Journey I

‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒

NOTES

A smooth Segway into the Mugen Train Arc! It's my second favorite.
Enjoy :)

‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒

— "INCREDIBLE! I'M ACTUALLY INSIDE THIS TITAN!" Inosuke laughs excitedly, repeatedly hitting the glass window.

"Hey, could you calm down?!" Zenitsu protests, grabbing Inosuke's mask and pulling him away. "You're gonna break the glass like that!"

"And what brings you four here? A mission?" Rengoku asks Tanjiro.

"Yes, we were ordered to join you. I believe the Master requested that Kyoudo-san came with us, since we are now his Tsuguko." Tanjiro explains. "We received a message from a crow, which let us know that casualties on this train were on the rise."

"Ah. That's why you're here. Understood." Rengoku smiles.

"Sir. There was. . . one more thing. Something I wanted to ask you."

"Oh? What is it?"

"It's about my father."

"What about your father?"

"He was a frail man."

"Was he now?"

"And yet, he could perform a kagura dance in freezing weather!"

"Well, good for him!"

"And then-"

"And then?"

"Hinokami Kagura. The dance. I felt myself doing it, just like my father used to."

Despite not paying full attention to the pair's conversation, Hikari tensed at the name of the technique. All she could remember was Upper One telling her she had to avoid it at all costs, for it was the technique of his brother Yoriichi almost five hundred years ago.
'If this train is being controlled by a demon, which I can't doubt it is, then I'm done for. Especially if I'm counted on to fight. That Hinokami Kagura will damage me whether I like it or not.'

"I was hoping that if you knew anything about it, you'd be willing to tell me."

"Certainly! But I don't!"

Tanjiro gasps.

"I have never even heard of that dance. Not once. Your father taking this kagura, and adapting it for battle, is commendable. There's nothing more to say about it!"

Tanjiro goes to protest, but looks over to where Hikari was sat and sees an empty space.

"H-Hey, where did Kyoudo-san go?!" he exclaims, getting Zenitsu's attention.