Chapter 16: Pranks

Start from the beginning

"We are going to sneak in the pod, and put some blue paint in your Dad's hand," Ja'lia revealed, and Lo'ak furrowed his eyebrows at her.

"What do you mean? My Dad's training right now," Lo'ak said, confused by what the girl was talking about.

Ja'lia shook her head, "No, he's not," She said. "He's taking a nap. He takes one at the same time every day," Ja'lia informed, but Lo'ak still didn't believe her, and Ja'lia let out a groan in frustration.

"Follow me," She sighed, and Lo'ak immediately obliged her request.

As they got closer and closer to the Mauri pod, Jake's snores could be heard, and Lo'ak stopped dead in his tracks, "No way," He said in disbelief.

The girl grabbed onto her friend's hand and continued to pull him to the pod the rest of the way, and when they saw that the curtain was closed, Lo'ak scoffed.

"You know if this was us taking a nap, we'd be in so much trouble," Lo'ak scowled.

"Why do you think I want to prank your Dad?" The teen girl beamed, and Lo'ak softly laughed at her excitement for the prank they were about to pull. Lo'ak didn't have to outright say that he wanted to assist Ja'lia in pulling the prank because he would always join her as she would always join him.

However, a thought popped into Lo'ak's mind that had him slightly puzzled, "Where are we going to find blue paint?" He asked.

"I stole some from Spiders collection back home," Ja'lia shrugged, and Lo'ak's smile widened.

Since the Sully family and Ja'lia had arrived at the Metkayina clan, Ja'lia, and Lo'ak hadn't pulled a single prank. Mostly because Jake told them to behave, but also because they didn't have any time, but with their training being on pause, they had plenty of time to cause trouble.

Now, pranking a member of the Metkayina clan would most likely have serious consequences, which is why Ja'lia decided that it would be best to prank someone in the family, and Jake, unfortunately, was falling prey to their goal.

"Are you ready?" Ja'lia whispered.

"Ready whenever you are," Lo'ak responded.

When Lo'ak told Ja'lia he was ready to begin, she slowly and quietly pulled the curtain aside as she snuck into the pod with the teen boy right behind her. For whatever reason, as soon as they walked into the pod, Jake's snores became even louder, and it was hard for Ja'lia to think straight as she searched for the paint she had hidden in her belongings.

Once she found it, she held it up high enough for Lo'ak to see, and the boy silently cheered. Ja'lia walked over and handed the paint to Lo'ak before she took one of her necklaces from around her neck and held it in her hands.

Placing the paint into Jake's hand was only the first step in the prank because once Lo'ak had done so, Ja'lia would have to do her best to make Jake itch his nose as she tickled it with the feather from one of her necklaces.

Lo'ak gave Ja'lia a look, and the girl nodded, signifying that she was ready for him to initiate the first step.

It didn't take Lo'ak long to put a huge gob of the blue substance into Jake's hand, and when the boy completed his task, Ja'lia instantly started to tickle Jake's face. She slowly moved the feather all over the man's face, and when she saw his face starting to contort, she knew that she was close.

Just a few more seconds. Ja'lia thought to herself as she felt her heartbeat in her ears.

Even though pulling pranks was exhilarating, it still made Ja'lia nervous and on edge doing them, but once the prank was complete, it gave her a sense of accomplishment and joy.