Chapter 25: Disaster in the Sky

Börja om från början

"Gwen?!"

That was Peter's voice. She was sure of it.

"Peter!" she called her voice burning her throat, "I'm here! I'm trapped!"

"Gwen? Where are you?"

The girl felt frustration claw up her chest, "I'm underneath the decimated building, Peter!"

She could hear the sound of muffled voices before he yelled again, "Alright, hang tight! We'll get you out!"

Gwen heard a rumble and exhaled in relief as the weight on her back became less and less. She lifted up her uninjured arm to shield her face at the last of the metal and concrete was lifted off of her frame.

She looked up and could help but smile small at the sight of Sp//dr holding as huge slab of concrete over it's head. Darkness surround them from what was left of the room they her in, though the glow of Sp//dr's face plate lit the small area that they resided in.

"Gwen!" Peni cheered, "You're okay!"

"More or less." the girl replied, dusting some debris off of her clothes.

A pair of arms lifted her from the rubble and she was met with the masked face of Peter.

"Oh Gwen, I'm so glad your- oh my!-" Gwen rose a brow at Peter's expression. He had a hand cupped over his masked mouth.

"What?"

He shook his head, "I don't think your arm is supposed to be facing that way."

Gwen only rolled her eyes, not daring to look down at the source of her pain, "Yeah, you think?"

"Guys we found her," Peni spoke into her intercom, "You can call off the search."

"What about Miles?" she couldn't help but ask.

Peter's demeanor seemed to fall at her question, his shoulders slumping forward as his eyes darted to the ground. It seemed he was using all of his willpower to keep a straight face. "Well, let's just get you-"

"No, don't try that," Gwen ordered. Her voice was strong, but her eyes were full of fear, that Peter saw instantaneously, "What happened to, Miles?"

"Gwen, look. Now's really not the best-"

"Stop!" The blond wailed, giving Peter a forceful shove with her good hand. The man stumbled a few steps. Gwen glared back up a Peter as her eyes took on a glassy look, "Peter, tell me if he's okay."

Peter stayed silent.

"Is Miles okay?!" she screamed, moving in to about a few inches from the man's face.

Peter didn't answer.

Gwen ran a hand through her hair with a huff, before sinking the ground and cupping her forehead.

The girl felt a pressure being placed on her shoulder and glanced up to meet Peni's sympathetic eyes gazing at her from her spot inside Sp//dr. "We don't know if he's okay. We just know he's not dead."

There was another word threatening to leave her mouth. Gwen knew it, but Peni bit her tongue.

Yet