Maya looked at her watch, they'd been studying for two and a half hours now, and they needed a break, "I want shawarma."

Amara softly celebrated so as to not disturb the others still studying, "That's my girl!"

The two packed up their bags, leaving the books where they belonged, bidding goodbye to the librarian before heading out of the university to eat shawarma at their favourite place.

***

Sat in a booth near the window, the two friends enjoyed their shawarma, consumed by their own thoughts.

College work had kept the two friends busy for months, not having time to hang out, only at the premier did they fully have fun.

Amara sighed, her thoughts no longer entertained her, she looked around the cafe, college students, married couples, people in first dates, everybody was at this cafe, still it didn't feel packed or loud, it was relaxing and calm.

One of the many reasons why Amara knew Maya preferred this cafe, she's aware of her best friends past, not everything but enough to know she needs to show up with a hockey stick when Maya texts her 911, she'll become a murderer that night.

Amara turned to Maya, she had her eyes outside, looking at the passer by, her shawarma left unattended in her plate, a small smile visible on her face as she observed the people outside.

"What's got you smiling?" Amara got Maya's attention.

Maya turned to her friend also releasing her shawarma was getting cold, "nothing, just this," Maya motioned around her, "didn't really have much to enjoy when I was with him."

Amara smiled at her friend, there were a lot of things Maya was cut off from my when she was trapped with her excuse of a father, so it was an much more better view to see Maya enjoy things now.

"See, if you ever bump into him," Amara spoke, "I won't let that happen, but if it ever happens, you text me 911 and I'll become a murderer that day."

Maya giggled at her friends words, "who will I hand out with if you go to jail?"

"I'll evade arrest."

Maya laughed throwing a used tissue paper at her, "you ain't so sleek, gurl."

Amara feigned offence, "how dare ye?"

"Eat, eat," Maya shook her head, her attention now back to her food.

"I can be sleek when I want to be," Amara muttered, munching on her shawarma.

_________time skip__________

Maya ran around the house, she was nervous and freaked out and about throw up.

She couldn't do it.

"You'll be fine, Maya," Baek-Hyun assured from the chair he was sat on, he watched his niece run around collecting stuff from all over the house.

"I will so not be!" Maya groaned, she ran into her room dumping her bag on the living room couch before running into her imo's room, "Imo! My coat!"

"Here," Eun-ji handed her the freshly ironed coat, helping her put it on.

Maya had a job interview today, for a big company, they'd approached 10 students from her university and only three would be selected from those ten based on how today goes.

Maya was one of them, she was trying to stay calm but her mind hated her, so she started overthinking which got her to panick, and now she was panicking.

"Breathe, darling, you'll be fine," Eun-ji tried calming her niece but nothing, she was still freaking out.

Baek-Hyun stood up, he walked over to Maya, "let's go visit Ji-yeon."