CHAPTER FOUR: LETTERS AND A GIANT

Start from the beginning

Hazel only had eight meals the whole time. Bread and butter and water. Monday she got carrots. Not the most flaverfull but it got the job done with soothing her stomach for a few hours. Three of those meals were given, the rest were stolen. 

" BREAD AND BUTTER! AND SHE HAD TO STEAL!" Regulus screamed at Dumbledore

" How could you put her in that house! She could have easily gone to a close magical family of the potters!" Molly screamed right after regulus.

" The diggory family, the weasleys, the prewetts could have taken her in!" Flemont shouted after molly. all three of them, along with others, glard at dumbledore who was started to sweat.

" I'm sure i had a good reason. As i said before, it's better for her to grow up out of the fame and pressure of being the defeater of Voldemort." Some belived him but others didn't. Like the weaslys, Potters, Some of the blacks, older raveclaws, the prewetts, and many others in other houses.

Hazel would lay in her dark cupboard all day, wishing she had a watch. She never know what time it is and she couldn't be sure the Dursleys were asleep yet. Until they were, she couldn't risk sneaking to the kitchen for some food. he would wait for hours in complete silence to be sure. 

Eventually, hazel was allowed out for chores. Which were piled up dishes, dust everywhere, and trash in ever corner. Petunia col have easily done it herself but waits for hazel to do it.

"Ugh, and she says she will be the best housewife when she won't even do the chore's." lily hissed.

Nearing the end of the mouth, there was a horrible smell in the kitchen the next morning when Hazel went in for breakfast. It seemed to be coming from a large metal tub in the sink. She went to have a look. The tub was full of what looked like dirty rags swimming in gray water.

"What's this?" she asked Petunia. Her lips tightened as they always did if she dared to ask a question.

"Your new school uniform," she said.

Hazel looked in the bowl again.

"Oh," she said, "I didn't realize it had to be so wet."

"Don't be stupid," snapped Petunia. "I'm dyeing some of Dudley's old things gray for you. It'll look just like everyone else's when I've finished."

Hazel looked absolutely mortified. " Dudley's old uniform? Don't I need a skirt?"

" Oh shut up! You get what you get!" Petunia barked. Immediately, Hazel sat down at the table and tried not to think about how she was going to look on her first day at Stonewall High—like she was wearing bits of old elephant skin, probably.

Fashionista's all around the room gagged. Merlen, a friend of lily's, turned to her. " I feel incredible sympathy for you. You have to see that thing every summer and holidays." Merlan scooted away from the screen.

Dudley and Vernon came in, both with wrinkled noses because of the smell from Haze's new uniform. Vernon opened his newspaper as usual and Dudley banged his Smelting stick, which he carried everywhere, on the table.

They heard the click of the mail slot and flop of letters on the doormat.

"Get the mail, Dudley," said Vernon from behind his paper.

"Make Hazel get it."

"Get the mail, Hazel."

"Make Dudley get it." Hazel really didn't what to get the dumb mall.

"Poke her with your Smelting stick, Dudley."

Hazel dodged the Smelting stick and went to get the mail. Four things lay on the doormat: a postcard from Vernon's sister Marge, who was vacationing on the Isle of Wight, a brown envelope that looked like a bill, a white envolope with a crisive APWBD, and—a letter for Hazel.