"Ace." Deuce looked just as upset as the red-head. Deuce's voice cut through the rest of the rude comment with a soft exhale. But he didn't look too interested in sharing those disapproving feelings with you. Not yet at least. "I'm heading to Savanaclaw." You explained with a small shrug as the pair seemed even more annoyed than the possibility of you going to Pomfiore. "They asked me to keep score during a mock match, so I'm heading there now." You explained and Grim started to whine in your arms as you made your trek down to The Hall of Mirrors. The pair seemed even more distressed hearing that your destination would lie among the beastly dorm of Night Raven College. It was as if you were a lamb being led blindly to slaughter. And they refused to accept you going with just Grim as backup. Ace let out a snarl and with a roll of his eyes he brushed against your shoulder.

His lips were curled into a pout as bright cherry red eyes looked you over. "You're just too nice. Helping out the Magishift team? I don't think they actually need it. They're just a bunch of meatheads who can't count higher than ten." Ace scoffed as Deuce attached himself to your other side. "Did someone pressure you into helping them? Do we need to talk with them?" Deuce offered with a much more gentle tone as Ace nodded in agreement. "Tell us who it was! We'll get you out of this no problem. Just give us a name." They wanted the answer of who held you at claw/fang point and demanded you help the Magishift team. You stepped into the building full of gorgeous mirrors, branching off towards pocketed universes containing different dorms. "Don't make up your own stories! I really don't mind keeping score. Besides, there's not much for me to do back at Ramshackle other than play on my phone or chat with the ghosts. Ruggie said he would buy me dinner if I helped out today." You smiled and swiveled your head to face Ace and then Deuce. They looked worried. What could possibly be so scary about keeping score?

Well, what Ruggie forgot to tell you, was that you would be keeping score for a mock match between Savanaclaw and Diasomnia.

As you walked with Ace, Deuce and Grim, across the sandy plains of Savanaclaw; you could feel the burning tension rising above the sweltering heat. Deuce was frowning as he took a few steps ahead of you and Ace followed suit. "Really... This doesn't seem like a good idea." The blue haired student spoke up, glancing back at you with knit brows. Though his concerns fell on deaf ears as you shook your head, adjusting Grim in your arms as sweat began to bead along your forehead. "Don't worry about me, it's not like I'm playing on the field with them." You were starting to feel more and more uneasy the closer you got to the spectatorless stadium. Maybe this was a bad idea... "Jeez, you wouldn't know danger even if it smacked you in the face." Ace huffed as the pair walked into the large stadium first, as if they were guards taking in if the scene was safe enough for you to be a part of. The green turf was littered with different students of different sizes and shapes. All with stern or intense expressions. Either in yellow (with the exception of Epel) or dressed in lime green. Ready to win this match with only four bystanders to witness its glory. You could see Leona stretching on the ground with Ruggie and Epel whispering into his fuzzy chestnut ears. The trio were silently sizing up the dorm leader they would be faced against: Malleus Draconia. The Fae clearly had no intention of stretching like the others as you caught his eye.

His attention was stolen away as he approached your small group in silence, happy to see you. And only you. You found Malleus to be a little strange, but you assumed that maybe it was because he wasn't good at making friends. He found comfort in the singular human residing in Ramshackle since that was a place he wandered through before your arrival in this world. "Child of Man... What brings you here?" He asked, looking into your eyes as if fishing for the answer himself. A small grin tugged at his lips as Grim remained very still, and very silent. "Oh! Ruggie invited me to keep score for a mock-match. I didn't realize it was against Diasomnia." You spoke carefully, having Malleus loom over your much smaller figure was intimidating. You knew he was harmless, but that was because you were... You. "I see, I'm glad to see you've made it then. Although it looks like others may feel the same as I do." Malleus crossed his arms over his chest and tilted his head as his smile began to fade. His expression now looked disapproving. You gazed past him, noticing the field full of male students appeared less interested in the game and more interested in you. Their eyes scanned over your body, some smiled, some looked away, some winked, and some made crude kissing faces or slipped their tongues between their fingers.

You flinched away, your eyes turning back up at the fae as you felt your stomach twist into an uncomfortable knot. "I see what you mean." You murmured with a wave of anxiety washing over you. Maybe this was why Ace and Deuce didn't want you to come without them. Malleus smiled down at you, a hand now resting on your head as Grim started to growl. "I won't let anything happen to-"

"Alright! Hands off! Or else you'll be known as the Prince of Sexual Harassment!" Ace snapped as Malleus yanked his hand back, his eyes now wide with shock as he looked at the pair of much shorter students. "Please go back to the field, the Prefect has to keep score." Deuce was much more polite as they both ushered him away from the sidelines. "Who does he think he is..?" Ace scoffed under his breath as Malleus' lips curled into a pout as he turned away back to the Magishift field. "And he has a rat tail-"

"Ace..." Deuce scolded gently as the three of you walked along the sidelines, grabbing the scoreboard and discarding your blazers. Maybe you should've changed before coming? You could feel sweat pooling around the clinging fabric beneath your armpits and around the mounds of your breasts. "Should we get water? I feel like this may be a long game." Deuce suggested while peeling off his gloves, his cheeks becoming flushed from the heat. "Rock Paper Scissors?" Ace suggested and you jumped in with a smile with Grim sticking his paw in as well. "Loser goes to find water for the rest of us!" The beast cheered as you balled your hand into a fist.

"Rock..."

"Paper."

"Scissors!"

The four of you cast your hands into the small circle. You threw in paper, while Ace, Deuce, and even Grim threw in scissors. "Ah-" Deuce was choked up in shock as Ace began to laugh. "How the hell are you the only odd one out?!" He backed away with a laugh as you felt as if you were the actual winner. You knew from Ruggie where the waters would be inside of the dorm. And you weren't interested in watching the game anymore. "I can go instead, it was my idea." Deuce offered with a guilty expression as you shook your head. "It's fine, I know where they are anyway." You shrugged as Grim latched his claws into your shirt. "I wanna go too then. You'll need someone to help you carry the water back!" He offered with a wide toothed smile and you playfully rolled your eyes. "Yes, the four bottles of water that are so heavy for my fragile arms." You laughed as there was a shout from the field.

"Watch where you're throwing-" You heard Ruggie's voice laced with panic and someone shouting for you to duck. But once you turned your head back...

You were met with the solid metal disc colliding with your skull. You could feel the shock of pain as your vision went black for a second, voices now faded and distant.

Your body fell limp, and you hit the ground as dead weight. It was like you were trapped in a coffin, your stiff body was only filled with electric currents of pain as your head throbbed from the contact of the heavy, metal disc hitting you in the side of the head. You could hear voices shouting in panic as your vision grayed, staring up at the bright blue sky now free of cotton ball shaped clouds. It wasn't long before that sky filled with black spots, blotching over the wonderful sight like spilled ink on paper. Soon, you were washed in that much more comforting sea of black, hearing your name called a final time.

At least the pain stopped, even though it was momentary.

-

It felt like only a minute had passed as you groggily opened your eyes. Your head was throbbing and your vision was a mix and mess of muted watercolors. Much different than the stained blue sky. The image swirled and wobbled into view as you flexed your fingers carefully against the soft sheets beneath you. There was the distant sound of your phone ringing as you weakly lifted a hand from the soft cot to where you thought the night stand would be. Instead, your fingertips brushed over something soft. It felt like a knit material, and you heard the sound of your phone declining the incoming call. The ringing was replaced with a familiar giggle. "Are you awake? That's good news!" The voice was far too chipper for your tastes as you mustered the strength to turn your head. Your vision steadied to meet big brown doe eyes, silky black hair, lips that were rosy and red... Skin as white as snow... "Neige... Why... Are you at Night Raven?" You whispered in confusion while scanning him over. Then, you soaked in your surroundings. This was not the nurses office at Night Raven College. "Hm? Right, you were unconscious..." He trailed off and slowly stood from the wooden stool he was seated on. He leaned over, his gaze melting into yours as he slowly peeled the blankets away from your body. "Due to your head injury," You were wearing a girls uniform that did not belong to Night Raven College. "You are now a temporary student here at Royal Swords Academy!"