Chapter 80 - Falling apart

Comenzar desde el principio

____________________________________

Y/N'S POV

"What the fuck is she doing here" he asks Lizzie clenching his jaw
"I could ask you the same question, asshole" i reply, standing in front of him.
We challenge each other with our eyes, anger boiling inside us.
I close a fist and i'm about to punch his fucking face, but i feel Lizzie's hand on my back that brings me back to reality.
I release the tension and turn to face her.
She gives me a quick look and then walks up to Robbie.
"Please can you leave us alone? Let me talk to her" she asks him, her tone weak, he tries to argue, but she takes his hand, a gesture as unexpected for him as it is for me.
I stand behind them watching the scene as everything falls apart inside me.
What the hell is going on?
"Please, Robbie. At least this" she pleads and he withdraws his hand away and looks at us in disgust
"It doesn't end there" he says, leaving.
She sighs heavily and then lets the door close behind her, closes her eyes for a moment and then opens them again and looks at me.
"Can you at least let me explain?" she asks me, i don't say anything, actually i don't even know what to think.
I go to sit on the edge of the bed, she sighs and approaches.
"Nothing happened that your head might think right now, my only mistake was to trust him, but i was wrong" she says, grabbing her phone.
"Here, see with your own eyes" she says handing me it, i take it and read their chat.
Stitches in my heart bothers my restless breathing seeing that photo of us kissing and the threats of that piece of shit.
"I know i had to tell you, but you were in a bad place and i wanted to protect you. I thought i was doing the right thing. I didn't come here for work, but to talk to him after what he texted to me. I thought it would be a civil conversation and i would ask him for a divorce, i'd come here with that intention.
To finally close a painful chapter in my life and open a new one with you. But i was wrong, about him about everything. He threatened me again, this time not just with words. And when he told me he would kill you if i didn't do as he wanted, i made the biggest mistake of falling into his trap" she tells me, i can't look at her, i stare at the floor and concentrate on my ragged and irregular breathing.

I hear her footsteps and then her hands cup my face gently.
"Look at me" she whispers
"I'm sorry, i'm sorry i lied to you, i thought everything would be fine.
I was doing it for us, to finally be free" she strokes my cheeks and leaves a kiss in my hair
"I love you so much y/n and seeing you suffer is the last thing i want, the idea that he could hurt you was wearing me down. That picture you saw, it's all fake, disgustingly fake. I was just there to preserve his image . I'm sorry you saw it" i hear remorse in her voice, but what i really can't accept is what that monster did to her.
I finally look up and she gives me a weak smile.
She tries to stay intact in front of me.
"Did he hurt you?" I ask her, she lowers her gaze and then raises it, nodding.
A veil of shame covers her face.
"Where?" i ask again and she grabs my hand dragging it over her body.
From the legs, to her hips up to the height of her heart.
I gulp, swallowing the rage that is consuming me.

"Is that why you wanted to have sex in the dark?" she nods again

"He also tried to-well to-"
"Oh no honey, no he doesn't-he doesn't want me like that" she says running her fingers through my hair
I keep my silence, thinking about what to do, what to say.
"Please tell me something" she begs me, the voice cracked by tears
"I fucking want to kill him right now" i say gripping the sheet tightly
"Hey baby no please, don't do anything stupid i can't lose you okay? Stay with me, i just need this now, you. Please don't go to him, we won't solve anything with more violence" she asks holding my face in her hands
"I can't get over the idea that he hurt you Liz" i admit
"I know, but stay with me, please" she whispers begging me with her big green eyes.
"I want to see" i tell her and she shyly covers her body insecure, stepping back
"You don't need, really, i'm fine-"
"Liz, show me, please" i ask, my voice carefully so as not to startle her.
So she slips off her white dress and my heart skips a beat at the sight of her body.
Purplish marks dot her skin, scratches streak her legs.
I would like to cry but now the one who has to be strong is me.
"I-i'm so sorry, it's all my fault. Please talk to me" she sobs kneeling in front of me and i feel all her humiliation.
I place two fingers under her chin, lifting it up.
She looks at me with the eyes of a frightened child,
i make her stand up and bring my face close to her body and carefully kiss every bruise and scratch.
Her legs, her belly, her hips, reaching up to her face and placing my lips on hers to kiss her softly.
"It's not you fault Liz, don't even think about it. Don't feel guilty" i whisper between kisses

She bursts into tears and wraps her arms around my neck, diving into mine, like a safe haven.

"Stay with me, don't mind him. I promise i'll find a way to fix everything" she implores me
I look at her for a moment
"What?" She asks seeing me upset
"I'm just afraid that- you know- you really know that i would never do something like that to you, right? I mean i-"
"Hey Hey wait yes of course i know, i trust you honey, your hands are the only ones that make me feel safe when they touch me. I trust you y/n" she gives me a reassuring smile
"I'm scared of becoming like him, what if i have to do something like this to you? God i would never forgive myself" i say looking away, but she grabs my chin and turns my head to face her.
"Look at me, it's not gonna happen okay? You are not him" she takes my hands and kisses them softly "I trust them" she says and i nod
"I love you" i whisper and see her smile brightly
"I love you so much too honey, would you like to stay hugged for a while?" she asks and i smile back at her, i grab her hand and make her lie down next to me. She rests her head on my chest and i hug her.

I will take care of her.
If it's the last thing i do, no one can do this to her.

....................................................................................

A/N:

Hiiii guys

So how are you after this chapter?

I feel so guilty about Robbie lol, he's so nice and kind in real life and here he's an asshole.

But what do you think?
Let me know in the comments
And what do you think will happen in the next chapter, let's see if anyone guesses 👀

See you in the next chapter
Love y'll🤍