S3: E11 Seize The Day

Start from the beginning

Eddie glanced over at Y/N who smiled at him amused.

* The Grant Residence*

"So what's going on? Every time you guys sit us down like this it seems to be bad news." May glanced around the table.

"Is the baby okay?" Harry glanced at Y/N.

"The baby's fine." Y/N smiled at him.

"No, it's not. We just wanted to give you guys an update on what's happening with your Dad." Athena reassured May.

"Right, um, I saw my doctor, and the good news is, the tumour didn't grow, okay? But the bad news is, it..it didn't shrink, either." Michael looked at them.

"So what now?" May frowned at him.

"So your Dad is gonna have surgery." Athena turned to the kids.

"Brain surgery?" Harry looked at Michael.

"But I thought you didn't wanna do surgery. That's why you did the radiation." May watched Michael confused.

"Surgery can be complicated. That's why they wanted to try the treatments first, and now they just wanna try something else. That's all." Bobby took over as Michael glanced around unsure of what to say.

"So they just take it out and then you're cured, right?" Harry looked back at Michael.

"Well, hopefully yes. You know, they'll take out as much as possible and then maybe do more radiation after that." Michael frowned.

"Wait, they're gonna cut open your brain and they might not even get all of it?" May frowned deeper.

"Yeah, May, no. This is the best option right now." Michael nodded.

"That's what they said about the radiation." May retorted at Michael.

"Look, look. Your Dad has a great team of doctors, and we're gonna trust them, and we are gonna stay positive." Athena smiled.

"Yes, yes. Your..Your mother is right. Okay, we're gonna carry on business as usual. We are not gonna let this stop us from doing the things that we know we need to do, okay? Like studying for your Math test." Michael smiled at the kids.

"We still got that deal right?" Harry grinned at Michael and they shook hands.

Y/N watched May, knowing she was more observant and aware of this kind of stuff than Harry.

* The Next Day On Call *

"Ma'am let us get in there." Chimney ran over.

"The fish just jumped down his throat." Cheryl watched Chimney.

"Does the fish have a hook in its mouth?" Bobby looked at Cheryl.

"No, no, no. I got that out." Cheryl looked at Bobby as Y/N worked on crowd control.

Y/N grimaced as she looked over to see Hen pull out the fish.

"This is why I don't like seafood." Y/N shivered in disgust.

* Back At The Firehouse *

"Hey, Chim, you mind if I take some of this birthday cake for Harry and May?" Bobby looked at Chimney.

"Sure, knock yourself out." Chimney had no happiness in his voice which Y/N found weird.

"Thank you." Bobby went back to the cake.

"Hey, can we talk?" Eddie looked at Y/N and she nodded.

"What's up?" Y/N looked at him.

"I know you're at my place almost always, but I think we should make it official. You move in completely." Eddie watched her.