My emotions were completely jumbled up inside of me, and the only thing keeping me from going off edge is the brunette boy next to me, holding me tight close to him so I didn't fall back to the ground.

I don't know how he did it, but having him here, so close to me, his warmth and steady presence, was enough to anchor me and stop me from completely falling apart over the truth I had just found out about.

His hand rests on my lower back, rubbing circles into my skin, a small gesture, but important to me, it meant everything to me in this moment.

I could feel his concern radiating off of him, both comforting and overwhelming, I can't help but feel guilty to burden him with my problems and everything I had just found out, completely changing my way of thinking and my life.

But at the same time, I don't know where I would be if he had told me the truth and then just left me in the corridors alone.

I take a deep breath and tried to steady myself, it was difficult, but I seemed to manage slightly.

And then suddenly, we are both walking, I didn't feel my legs move or feet pick up to take steps, I just... did it.

"I can't go to my dorm." I say, not louder than a whisper. He looks at me, "Your friends?"

I nod. "I don't want them to see me like this. And I don't need them to know the truth either."

"Where do you want to go?" He asked, waiting for my answer, his hand still, resting on my lower back.

I hesitate before slowly speaking, "Can I stay with you? It's okay if not. I understand if—"

"Yes. It would be better for the both of us." He interrupts, stopping me from my babbling.

"Why?"

"Because you won't go kill your brother, and I get to sleep peacefully knowing that you aren't having a tantrum in the corridors at night."

"Excuse me for having feelings. Do you know what I just found out? Do you know what this means? It means I have no family, my parents didn't want me." I respond, taking offense to his words, how could he just act like this was a joke?

"I didn't mean it like that."

When I didn't say anything, he stops us both from walking any farther, turning his body to face mine. "I said I didn't mean it like that. I didn't mean to hurt you."

"Really? Because that seems to be your goal in life." I snapped at him, taking his hand off of me.

I watch his jaw clench, "If I wanted to hurt you, I wouldn't have sat there with you for a hour fucking straight holding you in my arms, telling you that you'll be okay. If I wanted to hurt you, I wouldn't fucking be here right now. If I didn't care about you I wouldn't—"

He gulps at his own words, looking away from me, secretly hoping that I didn't hear his last few words.

"Theodore said you were using me."

"I was, in the beginning. It's different now." He still refused eye contact.

"How is it different Mattheo? Enlighten me."

"No," His eyes snapping back to mine, "I'll only push you away, there's no point."

//

yup yup mattheo and evelyn chapters

ANYWAY! here are some pictures of evelyn bae:

hope you guys enjoyed