Part 1

You wait outside the doorway, anxious as you pull at your school uniform, a deep forest green skirt at about mid-thigh length, and grey tights underneath. You make sure your red tie is straight and tight and then pull at the cuff of your grey blazer. It was your first day as a hero trainee at U.A. and you were more nervous than excited. You had heard things about Class 1A being intense. They had been attacked multiple times by real villains.

You can hear muffled voices of chattering students inside.

"Class." a gruff and tired voice calls through the doorway. It was Mr. Aizawa. You recognized his voice from the news. The chattering doesn't pause. "God I don't get paid enough for this," he mumbles. Then you hear nearing footsteps. He opens the door and looms over you. His long dark hair falls over his shoulders and binding cloth and his eyes are dark brown almost black but exhausted as he looks at you.

"Y/N?" He asks in a cold tone.

"That's me!" you chirp. You hope that you sound polite. You do not want to mess with this guy.

"Come on in. Maybe you'll grab their attention enough to make them shut up." he holds the door open for you and you step into the classroom. There are 19 students seated in a 4-by-5 row, all quiet and looking at you. You can feel your cheeks heat as you look down at your slick black dress shoes.

"Finally. Your attention." Aizawa grumbles the same expression on his face he had when he greeted you. "Class, I'd like to introduce a new student. Meet Y/N" He gestures to you. And you jump a little.

"Hello," you say shyly. This class was the best. Did you really fit in with the best? "Im Y/N."

An angry blonde boy in the fourth row, second seat back scoffs, and then snickers at the person in front of him. "Yeah, we know. Aizawa just said it. What an extra." the girl in front of him, who was invisible bats at him.

"Shut up Bakugo! Your such a meanie!" She snaps.

"Anyways." The professor sighs, rolling his eyes. "You can sit next to Todoroki." you look up at him slowly.

"Who?" You ask, not having a clue who this 'Todoroki' was.

"Half n' half over there." he points to the back row, where there was only one open seat. You mentally slap yourself. That should have been a dead giveaway. It was the only empty seat. But Mr. Aizawa was right. The boy sitting next to you was Half n' Half. The hair on the right of his head was white as snow, and on the left side, it was red as blood. And on the red half, he had a pinkish scar on his face, covering the whole half of his forehead and eye.

You walk over, nod a greeting, and sling your bag over your chair, slipping into the seat.

"Hi. Im Y/N," you whisper. Mr. Aizawa had started the lesson, but you wanted to make a friend.

"Im Shoto Todoroki." He says blankly, not taking his eyes off the front of the room. You blink and then turn to face the front too.

"Nice to meet you," you grumble. You wonder if everyone was so rude here. First the teacher, now the students? You get tapped on your shoulder and turn to the right. A girl with long brown curtain bangs, but short brown hair smiles at you.

"Hi! Sorry about him. He's grumpy." she giggles when he glares at her, then whispers, "Daddy issues." you laugh too.

"What's your name?" you ask, excited there was finally a nice person you could become besties with.

"Ochako Uraraka!" She announces, bowing in her chair slightly. "Your Y/N, right?"

"How'd you know?" you say sarcastically.