{Dead By Daylight} The Silver Journal

"A sadistic and merciless executioner, Pyramid Head is fixated on dispensing punishment through pain.

"Encumbered by the steel frame upon his head and with a hulking great blade in tow, he stalked the hellish corridors of Silent Hill, committed to a duty that no one truly understood. Where he trod, even monsters fled for the shadows, and those who crossed his path fell victim to unrestrained acts of aggression.

"When his duty was complete and his presence no longer needed, he prepared for the long rest - and yet, his skills were required elsewhere. The Fog that streamed over him was somehow different than that he was accustomed to in Silent Hill, as if each wisp contained the nerves of a creature, writhing, seeking him out.

"There was an unspoken agreement in that moment. The billowing cloud was an invitation to duty and sadism, and Pyramid Head, taking a step into The Fog, accepted his obligation once more."

"I don't think this is over." The young man whispered, weakened and blood stained. The two of us stood around him, confusion sweeping over our growing fear. He clutched his wounded shoulder, muscles shredded by the blunted hooks. Glancing over it behind him, he heard the tangled barbed wire being trudged through. With a small, accepting sigh, he turned his back to us and uttered his final words; "It's only just beginning."

The beast grabbed him by his collar as the remaining survivors screamed in terror. It strung the man in a crude cage of metal and razor wire, plunging its blade into his chest as though a nail through drywall. A single sound escaped from him, a cough of pain and blood that landed on the monster's apron. It took a moment, cocking its head before twisting the blade violently, reaping more fear from the onlookers who were too scared to move.

We slowly backed away, the other woman attempting to open the door. It buzzed as the second light flashed but her crying overwhelmed the sound. The pyramid-headed monster dropped the freshly mangled corpse and turned to her, walking up and ripping her from the lever. It threw her to the ground and struck her through with his blade, sending her into what I, the last remaining, called a 'Cage of Atonement'. I pressed against the door, knowing there was no way to escape now.

The monster finally turned towards me, slowly dragging his blade up to me and pinning me against the door. A single tear fell from my cheek, but I stood to the beast and accepted my fate. It reached out slowly with its free hand, as the other was tethered to the giant chef's knife by a rusted chain. It shook its head, firmly yet carefully grabbing my face in its hand, leaving a smear of blood. Somehow, for a moment, it spoke to me. It exhaled loudly, reverberating through its metal head as it stared down upon my shaking form.

"W-What...?" I croaked near silently. It claimed that I was not guilty, of what, I wasn't sure. It said that I needed no judgement, seemingly in my mind, before moving my messy hair from my face. I shuddered slightly as the wind hit the blood on my cheek and amplified its chill on my skin, almost wanting to lean into his warm touch. Time to escape was running out, but in this moment, I couldn't feel the pressure of the trial. A deep, jagged sigh escaped me as I relaxed against the cold door. We stood there for a moment together before it snatched me, making me yelp. It held me against its muscular chest, and I understood as I looked over my shoulder that it had saved me.

A claw of the Entity peeked ominously through the ground, reaching for its sacrifice. The Pyramid Head refused to give it. The claw angrily reached further, before the realm screamed and the Entity ended the trial in favor of new playthings.

"You... You defied the Entity?" I asked, cautious. The sky around us darkened, making me cry out softly. I gripped onto my savior as a new light hit my eyes, and the gentle tapping of rain on my coat. It cautiously set me down to my feet, keeping its hands on my waist in case the Entity would try to snatch me again. We looked around, deciding it was safe for the time being. I swallowed the lump in my throat before turning in all directions to observe our new surroundings. This was Silent Hill, I recognized it! But how could it be?