❝︎CHAPTER NINE❞︎

▌𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐍𝐢𝐧𝐞 ━︎━︎ 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐃𝐚𝐫𝐤 𝐅𝐨𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐭 ▌

━︎━︎━︎━︎𝐉𝐔𝐍𝐈𝐏𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐓𝐎𝐎𝐃 𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐑𝐄 completely ashamed, standing in front of McGonagall's desk with Harry, Hermione, and Ron at his side. Draco stood to the side with a proud smirk on his face and it took everything in her not to pull out her wand and hex him to oblivion. McGonagall stared at the group, clear disappointment on her face. Juniper knew that once her mother heard about this, she was going to get an earful. Because if there was one teacher in the entirety of Hogwarts that Anastasia Black admired and trusted to her full ability, it was Minerva McGonagall.

     "Nothing, I repeat, nothing gives a student the right to walk about the school at night. Therefore, as punishment for your actions fifty points will be taken."

     "Fifty?!" Harry exclaimed.

     "Each."

     "Professor McGonagall―︎"

     McGonagall held up her hand, stopping Juniper. "And to ensure it doesn't happen again all five of you will receive detention."

     Draco frowned, afraid he had misheard her. He stepped forwards. "Excuse me, Professor. Perhaps I heard you wrong. I thought you said the five of us."

     McGonagall nodded. "No, you heard me correctly, Mister Malfoy. You see, honorable as your intentions were you too were out of bed after hours. You will join your classmates in detention." The four smirked at each other whilst Draco stood there in disbelief. "Miss Black, I'd like to speak with you for a moment before you all get sent on your way." She looked at the others. "Stand outside, Filch will come to get you."

     Juniper exchanged a look with Hermione and Hermione gave her a reassuring smile, giving her hand a gentle squeeze before following the others out. Juniper stood there, her head lowered in shame. McGonagall walked up to her, coming to a stop right in front of her, making Juniper look up at her Professor. "Miss Black. . ."

     "I know you're disappointed in me." Juniper softly said. "But, Professor, you have to believe me when I say that I wouldn't be doing this if it weren't for a good reason."

     "That isn't what I wanted to talk with you about." McGonagall denied and Juniper frowned. "I've noticed you've been falling behind in classes. Falling asleep too. Is there something that you need to discuss with me? Miss Black I only want what is best for you."

     "My mother told you to keep a close eye on me, didn't she?" Juniper mumbled.

     "She did." McGonagall nodded. "She just wants to make sure you're doing alright. I know this year hasn't been the best for you so far. But, believe me when I say this, the looks will go away. As soon as summer hits and you come back next year, no one is going to even pay attention to your last name. That's exactly what happened with your father."