Cassie had faced a lot worse at her time at Kitty Hawk than a couple Kooks on a lunch date, but when she picked up the pitcher of water to fill up their cups, she noticed she was shaking.

Was it embarrassment? Maybe. She felt frumpy in the black polo shirt they called a uniform. And for this to be one the first interactions she'd had with people her age since her return— besides her friends— she wondered what they'd say. Wondered what answers she'd give them.

She poured the water in each glass, listening to their conversations.

"...we'd searched the entire house for them because I'd literally just bought them. And then I go back out to the docks and they'd been sitting there all night just dangling off the side about to fall into the water." Millie Singh pauses to say a quiet, 'thank you' when Cassie fills up her glass. "Like, what are the chances of that? Like a centimeter away from losing them."

Cassie thought she had made it without being recognized, and relief started to wash over her as she realized that this might not actually be as painstaking as she imagined. But as she turned to leave, she heard a 'wait'.

The blonde turned around, and in the process, caught glance of JJ who was carefully watching by the bar, a towel swung over his shoulder.

Cassie looked down to Kelce, whose eyes were narrowed on her face. "Yes?" She asked politely.

"Oh, you're uh—" he tried to think of her name, snapping his fingers. "Cassie, right?"

Cassie clenched her jaw, but smiled and nodded. "Yeah, why?"

Kelce looks to Topper, shrugging. "Just been a while since we've seen you. You were gone, right? Out of town?"

Cassie glances to the rest of the table, all of their eyes on her. She nods slightly. "Yes, yeah. I was, um— visiting family. Back in Waco."

Isabella tilts her head to the side. "Wait, you were? All this time I thought you were in rehab."

Cassie felt her heart plummet in her chest. It was rehab, but hearing the word out loud made her feel like she'd gone some place strictly for the washed up. Wilderness Therapy felt better.

"Bella, don't." Topper tries to cut it off.

"Were you not?" Isabella looked confused. "People were spreading shit, then—"

"Oh yeah!" Millie nodded. "Kitty Hawk, right? On Bodie Island?"

"Well— I mean, yeah. I was in Waco for a little bit and then I—" Cassie glanced up at JJ, who was making his way over to the table. "Yeah, and I got treatment, and stuff. But—"

"Oh, that's so important. Taking care of yourself." Millie nodded, a smile on her lips that made Cassie want to break down into tears. She wasn't sure if she meant for it to come off as condescending, but being talked to like she was a child wasn't helping.

"They need you in the kitchen." JJ says, placing a hand on Cassie's shoulder and guiding her away.

"Can we get some appetizers, or something?" Kelce speaks.

Both Cassie and JJ turn back to him, unsure who he was speaking to, but his eyes were glued on JJ. JJ turns back to his sister and nods, telling her it was okay.