Reynold want to protest but he kept it in. "Yes, Father" Reynold turned around and leave. 

'Finally some peace' The Duke thought. He stands up and wandered his gaze outside. It is a beautiful day outside. 

"Fennel, come in" The Duke called for Fennel who had been standing outside since Reynold stormed into his office. Which tea should he has later? Maybe he should ask Fennel for recommendations on tea that could relieve headache.

"Yes, Duke" Fennel replied. However, The Duke's vision suddenly got hazy. 

'Ugh, my head' he unconsciouly put his palm on his head. It's painful. What is happening. Is this because of the paperworks? Or is it because of last night banquet? A lot of questions is going through his head but he is not expecting anyone to answer it either. All he want to know is if he is going to be able to drink the tea at the garden later. 

He closed his eyes and just let his body fell down to the ground. Maybe he won't be able to drink his tea in the garden after all. 

...
[Present time]

Yeah, he was just about to have tea in the garden. Then, he was unconscious.  He looked around. 

"Now, where is this-" he was mumbling to himself until he saw his two sons was lying unconscious nearby him. Fennel and Penelope's maid, he believed her name was Emily? Marquis Verdandi.  The slave Penelope brought in and even the most unexpected person, the Crown Prince of The Empire, Callisto Regulus is here. 

The Duke quickly went to his first son since he noticed Derrick began to regain his consciouness. The Duke helped him to gradually sit up. "Derrick, are you awake? How are you feeling?" he asked worriedly. While doing so, he was able to scan the room in a quick manner but he could not see even a strand of Penelope's hair. 'Where is Penelope?'

"Ugh, I feel a bit of headache. Aside from that, I am fine Father. What happened Father?" Derrick replied. He was just trying to take a quick nap to relieve some headache he got after he finished his morning schedule. Out of the blue, he is now here with some other people unconscious on the floor. 

His eyes landed on the unconscious body of the Crown Prince. "Father, why is His Highness here?" he whispered to his Father. A bit confused as to why the Crown Prince is in the same room as them. Also, why is he knocked out like that? 

"I am just as confused as you are Derrick. Derrick will you help everyone to wake up? Maybe at least one of us know what is going on" The Duke gave an order to Derrick. "Yes, Father" he obeyed and quickly did as ordered. 

-time skip-

"To sum it up, no one have any idea?" Reynold opened up his mouth. No one answered. He took the silence as their reply. He leaned back on his chair and put down the knife he took from the kitchen on the table. 'Now what we gon' do?' Reynold thought. 

"M-maybe we are in one of an inn's room in the capital?" Emily spoke softly, stuttered on her words. How could she not? She is in a room with the Eckart's important people and even His Highness is here! She just felt like running out of this place right this instant but the kidnapper might be somewhere nearby. Where could she run to anyway. If anything, staying here will be much wiser choice. Fennel is here and she also has a knife. She's safe for now right? 

Reynold looked around a bit and turned back his gaze on Emily. "I see what you mean but I've never seen an inn that have a kitchen, a living room and a few other rooms in one room" Reynold said. "I-i don't know Young Master.." Emily quickly said, not wanting to keep Reynold's attention on her any longer. 

He had been thinking this for a while. Whoever kidnapped them must either be naive or straight up stupid. Well, not stupid since the kidnapper did not forget to take their swords with them. They are smart enough to be able to made them fell unconscious and brought them here but come on now, you could've at least put them in a room where they would not have access to kitchen knife and tie their hands with a rope or sum. Well, at least the kidnapper is smart enough to lock the door after kidnapping someone. Reynold scoffed.