❝︎CHAPTER SEVEN❞︎

▌𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐒𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧 ━︎━︎ 𝐂𝐡𝐫𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐦𝐚𝐬 𝐌𝐨𝐫𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠 ▌

━︎━︎━︎━︎𝐈𝐓 𝐖𝐀𝐒 𝐂𝐇𝐑𝐈𝐒𝐓𝐌𝐀𝐒 morning and Juniper woke up to the sound of the front door opening. The brunette sat up in her bed, rubbing her eyes and glancing over at Shadow that was fast asleep beside of her. She smiled at her dog, rubbing his head and giving him a quick kiss before throwing the covers off of her and quickly making her way out of the room. She could hear voices in the entry hall causing the girl to grab onto the railing, leaning over it and smiling widely when she saw Remus standing there, giving her mother a hug.

     "Remus!" Juniper yelled, quickly running towards the stairs and practically jumping down them. Remus laughed as Juniper launched herself into his arms. Remus held the girl tightly as he spun her around before placing her feet back down on the ground.

     "Juno, how've you been?" Remus asked, glancing towards the stairs and chuckling when he saw Shadow lazily tromp down them, licking his chops before stretching and yawning. The dog walked up to him, sitting patiently at his side, waiting for Remus to rub him. Remus leaned down and gave the dog scratches on the head before focusing back on Juniper.

     "I've been good. School's been alright."

     "Did you hear about a troll being let loose in the castle?" Anastasia asked, crossing her arms over chest.

     Remus frowned. "A troll?"

     "Mhm," Juniper nodded her head. "It attacked me and my classmates but it's okay because Harry and Ron helped beat it."

     "Harry?" Remus asked, surprised. He looked at Anastasia.

     "Honey, you didn't tell me Harry had been there with you."

     Juniper shrugged her shoulders. "I didn't think it was important. If Harry and Ron hadn't come in there, Hermione and I would've been dead. Anyways, can I open my presents now?"

     Anastasia and Remus both chuckled. Anastasia nodded, "Of course. Come on."

The group made it into the living room, a medium sized Christmas tree sitting in the corner. The fire under the fireplace was going, making the room nice and toasty just how Juniper liked it. Her eyes darted towards the stocking that was hanging up at the mantle, smiling widely when she saw how full it was and the candy that was poking out of the top of it. She then looked at the many presents that were under the tree, smiling widely as she looked at her mother who nodded for her to go open them.