Stranger in my house🥀

Comincia dall'inizio

"I'm sorry.." she said before covering her mouth.

"What's so funny?"

"Shannon's not a woman, but let me go back to minding my business and hosting an event.." She said, while tapping my shoulder.

Before I could ask more questions she was gone disappearing into the crowd of people, occupying herself in conversation with a bunch of customers.

Her telling me Shannon wasn't a woman didn't make me feel any better. It was still somethings that didn't make sense. Like the why? What happened for her to receive those flowers but of course I wouldn't ask.

I felt like she should tell me and maybe that's what bothered me the most. Did she not love me enough to be real? And if she was really string along a bunch of lies what else was not possibly the truth.

But again there was only one way to truly find.
I had to put an end to this constant speculation and just ask her as much as I really didn't want too.

••
Monica's pov

"Thank you! It was nice meeting you.." I said to the lady as she walked away. She was the last one to leave the store before we ended the event.

"Mommy! Mommy! Can you tell Mya to give me back my Batman?!" Mazi yelled as him and Mya ran up to beside him.

"Mya. why are touching stuff that's not yours?!Give it back!

"But I can't! Batman is on a special mission to save, Sasha, my bratz doll.." She said.

"Mya I'm not about to play with you... give him the toy back or I'll take them myself including Sasha and then you and Sasha will really need saving.."

"Fine.." she pouted before running off back to Toya's office. I didn't know what was their problem but they've been fighting all week.

Which was weird because they usually got along perfectly fine. However, everything seemed to be pretty weird in the house this week. Between the twins fighting and Brandy acting like she didn't want to be near me I was confused to say the least.

Maybe it was something in the air or I was just making this all up in my head but my family seemed to be losing it before my eyes and I had no clue why.

I discreetly watched Brandy from across the room and studied her face. She was helping with clean up by the display area.

I couldn't figure out what she was thinking and it frustrating me.

I continued staring at her until her eyes met mine and I felt the bags I didn't even know I was holding fall out of my hands.

"Shit!" I yelled before bending down to pick up the bags.

"Let me help you.." I heard a familiar voice say causing me to look up.

At that moment I wanted the earth to swallow me whole as I looked up to see Shannon picking up the bags directly in front of me.

"W-what are you doing here?"

"This is a charity event right? I like charity.." He laughed with a shrug. I stood to my feet and he followed my lead placing the bags into my hand.

"The event is over... why are you really here?"

"I knew you would be here and I needed to talk to you."

"About what? We don't know each other like that for you to be popping up somewhere that I am intentionally.." I said as I packed the bags I was previously holding into the box on the side of me.

"But I'm trying get to know you... you keep ignoring my calls and text, I even sent you flowers, and I couldn't even get so much as a 'thank you'.."

"Why would I thank you? I didn't ask for them. You tried to pretend you wanted to plan play dates just to try to talk to me. You don't find that a little weird?"