~41~ What are we?

Začít od začátku

"YOU SLY DOGS. YOU GOT TOGETEHR!" I gasped, pointing at their linked hands. 

Tonks grinned and shrugged. 

"I knew it." I grinned. "Three Galleons please." 

Bill sighed and took out three Galleons, passing them on to me.

"Thank you!" I sang.

Soon enough, dinner was ready and Remus finally came back into the kitchen, pausing when he saw Ollie and Tonks still holding hands. He smiled them.

"Oh, triple dates!" I cried. "We can go on triple dates now. And Sirius, you can bring Mad-Eye with you-"

I was cut off with a piece of bread being thrown at me face, and Sirius laughing loudly.

"Okay, I deserved that." I said with a laugh.

~ ~ ~
The next morning, I had the day off, and thankfully, so did Remus. As I was in the kitchen making some tea, Remus was sitting at the kitchen table behind me, flipping through the Daily Prophet and letting out noises of "Argh. Ah. Seriously? Fucking idiots." the entire time. I couldn't help but giggle.

I glanced over at him. We have been together again for just over a week. But, we weren't together together. We weren't exactly boyfriend and girlfriend. But we were sort of together? 

I turned around. "Hey Rem?"

He looked up from behind the newspaper. "Yes Sar?" Noticing the expression on my face, he put down the newspaper completely. "Are you alright?"

I nodded. "Yes. NO. Well, yes I'm fine. Just, it's an awkward question I wanted to ask you." I fiddled with the string of my hoodie. 

"You can ask me anything Sara." he said kindly.

"Well, um, what are we?"

He blinked. "What- what are we?"

I nodded. "Yeah. Like. Are you....my boyfriend? Or not? Like, are we officially dating? What do we label ourselves as? I mean, we're not friends with benefits that's for sure. Oh fuck or is that it? Am I reading all of this wrong? That's embarrassing if I am I-"

During my rambling, Remus had stood up from his chair and stood right in front of me, enveloping me in his arms. I leaned against him and closed my eyes.

"No. We are definitely not friends with benefits Sara. I can't believe you would even think that." he let out a small chuckle. "As for our label.. I- I don't know." He pulled away and held my hands. "I love you. You know that. But I'm also afraid. Afraid of commitment."

"But why? I mean, we kiss. We hangout. We're together most of the time...." I wondered out loud.

"I know. It's stupid of me. But I guess the idea of officially labeling it as a relationship scares me. With how the world is going..... You already know that werewolf's are not something people like. What if I get sent to Azkaban? What if something happens to me? And not to mention, is it even a good idea? I'm older than you, and I'm poor and dangerous. And-" he traced my scars with his thumb. "And I hurt you before. What if I do again?"

I cupped his cheek. "Oh Remy. I understand how you feel. And I respect it I do. But I also want you to know that no matter what I love you. I don't care that your older. I don't care that your poor. And I don't think your dangerous."

He sighed. "Can we wait a little bit longer? I've never even officially been in a relationship before."

"Really?"

He nodded. "I've had....... flings. When I was in school. But I never committed with anyone. For the same reasons. Afraid of hurting someone."

I nodded. "I get that. Of course we can wait longer before labeling us as something."

I leaned up and kissed him, wrapping my arms around his neck.

"You two are disgusting."

We looked around to see Sirius, leaning against the kitchen counter and eating a cookie.

"What, enjoying watching us kiss?" I asked, raising my eyebrows. 

"Not particularly. I just came to get a cookie and you two were getting handsy. We eat in here you know."

"We weren't getting handsy." I huffed. 

He shrugged and left the kitchen with a grin.

"That man is so insufferable." Remus laughed. 

"Was he like this in school?"

"Even worse."

"Oh no." my eyes widened. 

He nodded solemnly. "Oh yes."