‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎𝗖𝗛. 𝟭𝟮 • 𝗘𝘃𝗲𝗿𝘆𝘁𝗵𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗖𝗼𝗺𝗲𝘀 𝗖𝗿𝗮𝘀𝗵𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗗𝗼𝘄𝗻 ☆

Start from the beginning

Ai had one hand on the wall and one hand over her stomach. Crimson red was steadily spreading outward on her white dress. Luna was shaking and clutching Ai's dress in shock as tears started to pool in her eyes. A man shrouded in black was standing in the open door, a knife in hand.

"Ai!" Aqua shouted and ran to her side as she slumped over in pain. But as Aqua got close, Ai immediately held an arm out to keep him back.

"Does that hurt?" the man shouted shakily and pointed the knife at them. "I was hurt worse! It was incredibly painful! You went and had kids even though you're an idol! You fan-betraying slut."

"Ai! Ai!" Aqua continued to yell as Ai slowly rose up.

How did he even know Ai had kids?! Luna thought, still clutching on to Ai. Unless...

"You treated us fans like we didn't exist!" the man continued his rant. "I bet you mocked us behind our backs! You damn liar! You lured us in with your constant 'I love you! I love you!' crap! It was all lies!"

Aqua and Luna held on to Ai, absolutely terrified, when Ai finally spoke up, "I've been irresponsible from the start... I'm not pure, and I'm dishonest and dirty."

Her starry eyes sparkled and wavered as she continued, "I don't have a good grasp of what it means to love someone... So, instead... I told pretty lies that would please everyone... always hoping that one day those lies would become the truth."

At those words the man started staggering backwards, as if he had been hit with a bowling ball

"I tried my best, worked hard, and lied with everything I had," Ai said softly as her arms clutched her stomach. "To me, lies are love. And in my own way, I thought I was expressing love. I don't know if I was able to love you and the others... but I sang all those love songs while thinking that I wanted to."

Holding out her bloodstained hand, she continued, "Hoping that someday that would be the truth. Even now, I want to love you."

"Liar..." the man said, staring at her bloody hand. "You don't even remember me, do you? You just want me to let you go, ri-"

"You're Ryosuke-kun, aren't you?" Ai cut in. "You often came to the handshake events."

Seeing his expression change slightly, she put a finger to her head sheepishly and said, "Oh? Am I wrong? Sorry, I was never very good with names."

She gave a gentle but sad smile and said, "I was happy when I got that star sand from you as a present. I've still got it displayed in my living room."

"