Issue 10 - Along Came a Spider

Start from the beginning

"No, no, that isn't it. That wasn't even Y/N." Peter said in a startled tone, ripping off the red webbing. "I've seen something like this before, but how did Y/N come in contact with a symbiote? We must stop him before he does something he'll regret."

****

"What is that noise!?" Kingpin barked, feeling the building shaking.

"S-Sir, we have reports of a Spider-Man destroying our defences and ripping through our men... What should we do?"

Glaring at Doc Ock, he snarled, pushing the concerned scientist away. "I don't want to hear it! Start up the machine; you better kill him this time."

"If I may, Mr Fisk, that thing isn't Spider-Man. I don't know what he is."

"I don't want to hear it. Get it done, now!"

As the Collider started up, Y/N latched onto the glass, pressing his hands tightly against it, cackling. "I think it's about time you send me home now."

Doc Ock smashed through the glass, squaring off against the symbiote rising above his level. Sensing an opportunity for chaos, he launched himself at Doc Ock with a spine-chilling shriek. Tentacles lashed out, but Y/N nimbly evaded them, his crimson tendrils dancing with unmatched agility.

Doc Ock's arms flailed in a desperate attempt to strike the elusive Spider-Man, but the symbiote was too quick. Carnage taunted his adversary, his voice dripping with malice. "You can't hide from chaos, Octavius. I am everywhere!" Doc Ock focused her mind and recalibrated her tentacles' movement patterns. With newfound precision, she struck at Y/N, narrowly missing her target. The two strikings echoed through the Collider, sending shivers down the spines of any remaining onlookers. Y/N, relishing the violence, retaliated with a barrage of razor-sharp tendrils, slashing through the air with deadly accuracy. Doc Ock's tentacles deflected some attacks, but others found their mark, tearing through her protective suit.

Bloodied, Doc Ock quickly retreated behind the Collider as it powered on. Y/N didn't hesitate to pursue his prey, swinging above the Collider, looking to strike. Expecting this, Doc Ock's tentacles coiled around Y/N, constricting and squeezing with relentless force. The symbiote screeched in agony, but it refused to surrender. Summoning his symbiotic mass, enveloping Doc Ock's arms in a writhing sea of tendrils. The symbiote's sheer power was too much ripping through her mechanical arms, shattering each other. Throwing them aside, Y/N broke free, slamming into Doc Ock and crushing her. "There's only red! We're making everything red! They'll be soaked in it! Drenched in it! And we are -- Carnage!"

Opening his mouth, Carnage looked to devour Doc Ock, only for a web to pull at him, holding the symbiote back. Carnage turned around, finding Spider-Noir and Peni tugging at him with everything they've got.

"You've got to stop this, kiddo; this isn't an all-you-can-eat buffet," Noir grunted, trying to keep his footing.

Peni dug her mech into the wall, holding Noir, keeping the two going. "Listen to him, Y/N! This isn't you, stop!"

"This ain't me! This ain't who I am! This ain't my other! Stand between me and my real self; I'll slaughter every damn one of you! You hear me, baby? I'm comin' for ya!"

Ripping the webbing off, the two Spiders fell back under the pressure. Carnage turned on them, striking; before he could, Peter flew in, kicking Carnage back. The two rolled on the top of the Collider as Peter threw another punch, keeping him down. "Y/N, listen to me; you've got to fight this. You're better than this! Don't let it win."

Carnage retaliated, fighting off Peter, and in return, he avoided each attack, trying to hold Carnage down with webbing.

"Every fibre of your Spider is in my power. His thoughts are my thoughts; his form does my bidding. The Spider-Man you once knew is gone. And now? He's his master's keeper." Carnage roared, webbing Peter down. Unable to break free quick enough, Carnage took his final bow, striking Peter until Gwen stepped in, tying a web around Carnage's neck and throwing him over her shoulder.