❝︎CHAPTER THREE❞︎

▌𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞 ━︎━︎ 𝐌𝐮𝐫𝐝𝐞𝐫𝐞𝐫'𝐬 𝐃𝐚𝐮𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐞𝐫 ▌

━︎━︎━︎━︎𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐘 𝐖𝐄𝐑𝐄 𝐀𝐋𝐋 sitting there watching Seamus attempt to turn water to rum. Hermione and Juniper stared at the boy, wondering if somehow he was actually going to manage this. When the magic blew up in his face―︎literally―︎the two jumped in surprise. Juniper shook her head, her lip curling upwards in slight amusement. Everyone started laughing at the boy whilst Hermione waved a hand in front of her face to get rid of the smell. She had pure disgust written on her face and Juniper rolled her eyes at the girls attitude.

     "Come on, 'Mione. It was funny," Juniper said.

     Hermione turned to her with raised eyebrows. "Did you just call me a nickname?"

     Juniper sat up a little straighter. "No." She scoffed, rolling her eyes. "You're hearing things, Granger." Juniper turned back to her book. She hadn't called Hermione a nickname. . . had she? Shaking it off, she looked up when the sound of the owls could be heard.

     "Ah, the mail's here," Ron smiled. Juniper smiled widely at him, excitement flooding her veins.  

Juniper looked up, smiling brightly when she saw their family owl flying in. It was a beautiful black owl that looked almost blue in certain lighting. It had the most gorgeous golden eyes she'd ever seen. If you asked Juniper, she had the most beautiful owl out of everyone else's. She watched as Astra, the name of her owl, swopped down, dropping a letter off. She held out her arm, watching as the owl landed on her arm, looking at her with those gorgeous golden eyes. Juniper smiled, kissing the owl before sending it back on its way.

     "Blimey, Juniper. Is that your owl?" Ron asked from across the table.

     "Well, I'd hope so seeing as she gave it a kiss and all," Hermione said in a 'duh' tone of voice. Ron narrowed his eyes at the girl.

     "Yes, it is." Juniper nodded proudly. "Isn't she the most beautiful owl you've ever seen?" They all nodded and Juniper smiled happily.

     "What'd you get?" Hermione asked, whilst Harry and Ron went into their own conversation.

     "A letter, from my mother." Juniper smiled excitedly, opening the letter.

     Dear Juni,
How've you been, sweetheart? I hear school's going well, which is exciting to hear. I know you're worried about me, but I promise I'm doing well. Your godfather has been keeping me company if it makes you feel better. I'm not completely alone. I miss you my sweet girl. Home isn't the same without you. Also, congratulations on getting into Gryffindor! Not that I wouldn't be proud of you no matter what house you'd gotten into, but Gryffindor just holds a special place in my heart.
                            Is Harry Potter really there with you? Listen, I know part of you blames him for what happened to your father, but it isn't his fault, he was just a boy. You should give him a shoulder to lean on if he ever needs it. After all, you are god siblings. Of course, he doesn't know that. It might not be safe for him to know, Dumbledore did advise me not to intervene. Anyways, I'm going to go now, lots of work to be done. Write me when you have the chance! I love you, Juni. I'm so proud of you.
              Love,
                                              Your Mother