Chapter 39. Dreams.

Comincia dall'inizio

Kiriwo stared too, laughing. He then looked at me. "Now then. You are finally all mine now, Iruma."

He then got a small device from his jacket. It looked like a tiny bomb. He then put it on my grave.

"Please don't do this.." Asmodeus begged. Kiriwo laughed, putting his finger on a red button. "Goodbye, Iruma~"

I could hear Asmodeus yelling, begging him to stop, he then detonated the bomb. After that I woke up, screaming.

I opened my eyes. They were watery. Above me were Asmodeus, Opera and Kalego, looking at me worriedly.

Asmodeus had his hands on my shoulders. "Are you okay, master?" He asked. I stared at him, confused. "What happened?" I asked, looking around me. At that moment someone else came trough the door. It was a bit unexpected.

"Hey there, Iruma. Long time no see."

It was Azazel. The demon who had asked me if I was a human before. The chief of border control, and one of the 13 crowns.

"H-hi." I stuttered.

He walked towards me, and sat next to me on the bed. I tried sitting up too, but as soon as I did he told me to lay back down. "You don't have to sit up. You should lay back down again." And so I did.

He looked at me, his eyes piercing. "Can you remember anything of what happened?" He asked. I looked at him and thought deeply.

Yes I can. I absolutely can, though, I shouldn't tell him about it.

"Not much." I said.

"Could you tell me what you do know?" He then asked, grabbing a pencil and notebook.

"I remember going to the bathroom to brush my teeth." I first said. "Then I can remember something being put on my nose, It was some kind of cloth. I didn't know what was going on and when I took a breath everything went black." I looked at him, staring.

He nodded as he wrote my answer down. "Anything else you remember?" He asked. I shook my head. "Not that I know of." He noted it down in his notebook.

Asmodeus was still sitting next to me on the other side of the bed. Opera was also still here, holding Kalego who was about to leave away from the door. "Don't leave, we have to do a statement first." Kalego groaned and turned around, anoyed.

"You asked what happened, so I'll tell you. You got kidnapped, Iruma. We don't know exactly by who yet, but we have a good eye on who it might be. You were drugged and taken away, they then placed you back here. We don't know why, and hoped you might have known."

I shook my head. "I don't know why." Azazel then stood up. "You must be tired. I'll leave you alone now. If something else happens, for example you're in danger or you remember anything else, please do not hesitate to contact me. I'll make sure the threat is delt with swiftly."

"Thank you." I said, watching as he turned around. He then said something to Opera and to Kalego before leaving with the both of them.

I then looked at Asmodeus. I was still a little confused to what was happening. First thing I saw when I woke up were other people. Now that I think about it, I think I woke up screaming from something?

I can't seem to remember what though. Must have been a nightmare or something.

Asmodeus was in my face as I snapped out of my little trance. "Master, are you okay?" He asked me. I nodded. He sighed from relief. He layed down next to me, hugging me. "We don't have to get up at 8 for activities anymore. Instead we are allowed to sleep. I'll stay awake to protect you though!" He said smiling at me.

"Alright.. Also, no you are sleeping too." I said, poking him.

"But master, what if something happens to you again?" He then asked, looking at me worriedly.

"Nothing will happen. I don't think the kidnappers will come out at broad daylight." I joked. "Plus, you need sleep just as much as I do."

"Thats not true, you need the sleep more, you almost drowned and got kidnapped." He argued.

"And you didn't sleep at all, instead you were crying on me as I was sleeping." I argued back.

"You weren't sleeping, you wouldn't wake up!" He debaded, not wanting to lose the argument.

"Thats still rest, you know?" I finally said. "I still got plenty more than you. Plus I don't need you to protect me right now, we have Opera and the sun!"

I heard him sigh. "Fine."

He then held me even closer. "Just know that this isn't healthy." He then said, a little annoyed. I gave him a small peck on the cheek. "Love you too."

Someone then opened the door, and we jumped up. It was Kalego. "I hope I didn't disturb anything." He said, pissed. "Anyways, Opera will be with the students today and im supposed to babysit the both of you for today." He looked both tired and pissed. The bags under his eyes looked to be about twice as large as yesterday.

"We weren't doing anything, professor Kalego." I said, quickly putting a smile on my face.

"Yeah, as if. I've seen how you two look at each other in class. You aren't fooling anybody with that little act of yours." He sighed. "The youth nowadays can only think about fooling around with each other. At least do that once you're in you home, and not in someone elses."

I was turning a bit red, Asmodeus too. When I wanted to protest Kalego continued. "Im gona go into the living room now. Im supposed to cook for you two or whatever so sit at the table at precisely 9 am, understand?" I nodded.

"Great." He said, I could hear him mumbling under his breath when he left the room. "Now that Opera is gone I have to care for these two brats, I hate my life."

I giggled, Kalego looked back angry, and slammed the door shut. "Brats."

"We have about half an hour left." Asmodeus said, a bit red. "Do you want to lay down before then?" Asmodeus quietly said.

I nodded. "I would love to." I whispered. I didn't want Kalego to hear me after all. I then layed back down, together with Asmodeus and closed my eyes. His embrace was all I ever needed.

And I never once thought that I might lose it. If I hadn't forgotten that dream than maybe..

---

---

---

Hi there, and welcome back! Sorry I was gone for so long. A few things happened when I was gone, some I don't want to get into.

Other than that, I was also very busy with tests, I had a lot. I also celebrated my birthday 6 days ago!

I know all of these aren't reasons to not write a chapter, so I'm sorry. This is the first time I haven't uploaded, and I'm sorry about that.

Im happy I'm back though! And sorry for the delay!

I hope you enjoyed nonetheless. Im happy you are still here! Have a wonderful day and hug your friends and family, and make sure to drink plenty of water in this hot weather. Love you all and see you later! (⁠。⁠•̀⁠ᴗ⁠-⁠)⁠✧

--21 June