Chapter 15

TW: suicide, death, shooting, mention of pills

enjoy :D

3RD PERSON P.O.V

Y/N's hands trembled as she read the newspaper again. Two years, and she was still not over it. Two years, and her thoughts still drifted off many many times. Her friends were concerned, that is, the friends she had left. Her eyes went over it one more time, taking in every word without actually reading it.

On June 6th, in Orlando, a man got shot at 9:07 PM. He was brought to the hospital and he remained there for three days until he eventually died of the fatal injuries. 

The group of 6 people were walking down a road, drunk as they had just left the pub after partying. A man jumped out of a car, holding a..

The newspaper fell to the ground as Y/N fell to the ground, sobbing. It hurt, so much. She never had the chance to confess. He didn't either. Their love story didn't even start, and it was already ruined. Two gun shots, two gun shots echoing in Y/N's mind every time she came close to sleeping. Karl was walking in front of the group, racing to get to the car for fun as everyone was laughing drunk out of their minds. 

No one seemed to notice the black van pulling up close by to them until it was too late. Y/N looked at her hand, a handful of pills laying still. So close, she was so close. Why would she? It didn't even matter to her. The three days she spent, next to Karl waiting for him to wake up, to get better. It never happened. 

Y/N took one deep breath, looking at the note she left on her bed for her brother. He'd be sad, they'd all be sad but it would be better. She was a burden to everyone, and she was done.

So fucking done.

"I loved you so much, but I never had the chance to tell you" Y/N whispered softly.

As a tear rolled down her cheek, she finally swallowed the pills.

Darkness surrounded her as it felt like she was falling, down into a black pit. It felt surprisingly soft, as if she was lying in a bed. Y/N tried to open her eyes, to see where she was falling to but she was paralyzed. Unable to move, falling and not understanding what was happening she yelled. Her yell echoed, but she didn't hear it after some time. It was as i-

Her thoughts were interrupted by her whole body being heavily shaken as her eyes opened in shock. Shaking she shot up, almost hitting Karl in his face. 

"Jesus Y/N, are you alright?" the brunet asked her. She started sobbing, leaning into his chest seeking for comfort. "I thought you were dead" she whispered, Karl's eyes changing from a worried expression to a soft one.

"I'm here, I'm always here" he whispered. Karl wrapped his arms around Y/N, the scars of a bullet still evident on his bare arms. Y/N knew there was another one, the one which almost caused his death. The one that caused both of them to regularly wake up in the middle of the night, crying or paralyzed. More than often, it was both. They were there, to comfort each other as they had promised to do. 

First, it was only Y/N who comforted Karl as she didn't tell him about her nightmares. But when they started dating, they would more than often sleep in the same bed so eventually Karl discovered. Years of therapy and he still jumped when someone popped a champagne bottle, but no one blamed him. They were only happy, incredibly happy.

Y/N had spilled how she felt for him the moment he woke up, and she did it again the moment he actually got his memory back.. which was two weeks after. Three days, a terrifying fear of Karl dying. Two weeks, a paralyzing fear of Karl never remembering anything.

Now, two years together, engaged and happy the two finally felt peaceful. Hurt, scarred, terrified of the future but together.

And it'd stay that way for a long time.

A/N

i was not about to let Karl die smh who do you think i am

[someone who is a sucker for happy endings, thats for sure]

welp, i hope everyone enjoyed the book lmao uh love you all sm <33

it was a great time writing this, and i still have others books im writing/going to write so i'll see you in the next one bitches

buh bai :]

-Star

738 words