He seems to shake himself out of his suprise and glares at me.

"Yes, now both of you get out, I have to shower and I don't feel like listening to you two argue any longer." Snape snaps.

"But Sev - " lily starts.

"Lily, I'll talk to your later okay?" Snape says softly.

Lily herself seems to soften and then nods her head.

She says a quiet goodbye, promising to return later and shooting me a glare on her way out.

I watch her leave before turning back to him abruptly.

"So...alone again," I smirk, raising an eyebrow.

Snape flushes slightly before rolling his eyes and throwing the covers off his legs.

Struggling to get up he mutters something along the lines of "bloody Potter".

Snickering I smirk as he has to stretch his arms to reach his crutch.

"I thought I told you to get lost Potter? Like I said earlier nows not really a good time," he says, his voice strained from the efforts.

The crutch is on the other side of the bedside table and with his leg in a giant cast there's not much he can really do.

"Oi, no need to be so rude Sev-Sev, I'm here to help!" I say, getting an idea.

Grabbing the crutch for him he sighs in relief - which quickly turns into a groan of exasperation.

"Give me my crutch, Potter." He demands as I hold it just out of his reach.

"Only if you admit you enjoy my company," I smirk.

I'm not doing this to be malicious, friends can joke around too right?

And how he reacts to me teasing him like this will help me determine whether or not he's actually warming up to me.

It's brilliant!

"I could admit that, but lying's a sin." Snape glares with no real malice.

I tilt my head to the side in confusion.

"What's a sin?" I ask.

Snape rolls his eyes.

"Something you're no doubt all too familiar with," he smirks.

Still in complete confusion I barely have time to react when Snape lunges for the crutch.

"Whoa!" He yells as he begins to fall.

Throwing the crutch on the ground I catch Snape by his waist and we both go tumbling to the floor - Snape ontop on me as I retain a tight grip on him.

My eyes squeezed shut from pain I groan.

The back of my head throbs where it was smacked against the ground.

"You okay?" I ask, my voice strained.

"Potter," I hear.

Opening my eyes slightly I look through my lashes down at Snape, who is firmly tucked against my chest.

"Let go of me..." he says blandly.

Realizing that I'm still holding onto his waist tightly I quickly remove my hands and hold them up in the air.

"Sorry!" I exclaim.

"Sorry sorry sorry! I did not mean to do that! I swear it was an accident I was only playing around and - "

"Potter! It's fine," he cuts me off.

"Just forget about it."

Snape pushes himself up off my chest and I sit up as well, trying to ignore the feeling of his hands on my chest.

Snape - who I heartstoppingly notice is still sitting on my lap - reaches over for his crutch but it is once again just out of his reach.

I grab it quickly and immediately hand it over to him.

He begins struggling to get up and I slip him - admittedly somewhat begrudgingly - off my lap and onto the floor.

Do I want him on my lap?

Yes...

What the bloody hell?

Standing up I bend down to help the injured boy to stand.

There's no time to think about that now, right now I have to help him.

"I really am sorry..."I mumble as I step back once he regains his footing.

Snape wipes some dust off his robes and then looks down at his feet, avoiding eye contact.

"Sev look at me," I request.

Snape, with his head still down, glances up at me through a curtain of his hair.

My heart stutters for a second as his red face peers up at me.

What is with him and giving me that look!?

Gulping, I shake my head to clear these thoughts.

"I-I apologize..."I trail off, "...for everything."

I really am sorry.

Snape looks at me for only a few more seconds before directing his eyes away.

"S'fine," he mutters.

Ducking his head he begins to limp away.

I just can't stop screwing up, can I?!

With him it always seems like I'm going one step forward, two steps back.

See! This chapter came a lot quicker!

Sorry if the writing is odd or doesn't really make sense, I've written a lot of this chapter at 3 am and I'm tired and can't tell whether this chapter makes sense or not.

Make sure to comment and to check out my other story I Can't Sleep!