Some People Just Want To Watch The World Burn

Start from the beginning

As Hope and Rafael talk I look around the woods looking for any sign of danger while walking a short distance behind. Every now and then Hope would look back to check on me and I would give her a smile as if telling her everything is okay.
“So I can be as popular and well-liked as you?” Rafael says as Hope turns to look at him. This catches my attention and I make my way to Hope's side. “Yeah, I've been at the school for two days and I’ve already heard all about Hope Mikaelson and her sunny disposition as well as her little lap dog.” Glaring at Rafael I open my mouth to say something but Hope puts her hand on my arm to stop me. “I'll get you the stupid, not-stupid knife and the answers you want. I promise”
“And why should I believe you?” Hope says.
“Because I don't lie.” Hope laughs a little at this before looking back at him.
“Everybody lies.” All he does is look at her and she shakes her head for a minute. “He’s in the root cellar. You have three minutes to do this your way.” She says and turns around.
“Wait, the headmaster said don’t engage.” Hope starts counting down having had enough of Rafael and he quickly makes his way into the cellar.
She rolls her eyes as she watches him go and then looks at me. Walking up to her I grab her hands.
“Hope, you're being a little harsh on them. Maybe Rafael's right. Maybe Landon didn’t do this.”
“I don’t trust them. Ever since they got here things haven’t been right.”
“I know Hopey. But give them a chance.” I say as I kiss her cheek. She smiles at me then turns and starts walking into the cellar.
“That wasn’t me.” Landon says just as Hope and I walk into the cellar.
“Then who was it?” She asks, causing the two boys to turn and look at us.
“You said three minutes.” Rafael states angrily.
“Like I said, people lie. Corporis Impetu.” As Hope says this Landons body goes flying back as she uses her magic to pin him to the wall.
“Hope!” I yell shocked at her making my way over to Landon only for Hope to grab my arm and gently push me behind her.
“Where's the Knife.” She demands.
“I don’t have it. I must’ve lost it when I ran.”
“After you burned the bus?”
“That wasn’t me, I swear. I barely got out alive.”
“Hope, let him go!” I yell again.
“Last chance Who the hell was it?” she walks closer to him.
“There was this girl.” Landon explains the situation to Hope and she lets him go, causing him to land on the ground with a thud. Running over to him I quickly checked him for any major injuries before letting out a soft sigh knowing that Hope didn’t hurt him too badly. “You have every right to be mad at me, but I am telling you the truth. Come on man, Help me.”
“I believe him.” Rafael states.
“I do too.” I say causing Hope to look at us shocked.
“You believe that a fire-breathing woman burned the bus alive?” She asks us.
“Yes” we both say at the same time.
“And Landon happened to be spared?”
“He told you that he ran.”
“And conveniently lost the knife on the way. Nova get away from him before he hurts you.” She says looking back at me. I don’t move from my spot wanting her to see that I trust him hoping that it'll help her trust him as well.
“She kept coming at me like she was gonna take it from me. She was burning everything in her path.” Landon tries to explain but Hope doesn’t want to listen.
“You want to explain to me what you were doing stealing the knife in the first place?” She asks him
“I don't remember stealing it”
“Of course not. How about pretending to be compelled?”
“That was to avoid being thrown back in the werewolf dungeon” He argues as he stands. He has a point there, those cells are creepy.
“Transitional cellar.”
“Small spaces!” Landon walks closer getting in Hope's face and I stand back and watch knowing that he wouldn't be able to hurt Hope but keeping an eye on her cause if she gets angry she can hurt him. “Hope, you have to understand, Dr. Saltzman had already told me the school wasn’t gonna let me stay. If he thought I'd talk, he’d lock me back up. There wasn’t a good ending for me. I didn’t want to steal from you and I don’t want a fire-breather chasing me. I'm sorry for all of it.” He storms away and that's when I walk over to Hope.
“He’s not lying. I know him. Now, if he says that there’s a fire-breathing woman running through the woods, then there is a-” Rafael starts.
“There's a fire-breathing woman running through the woods.” My dad says as he walks into the cellar. All of us look at each other. “Did I or did I not say don’t engage?”
“He’s only dangerous if crappy apologies can kill.” I try to stifle my laugh from what Hope said.
“Looks can be deceiving. Now our bus refugee turns out she’s a pyromancer.” Dad says.
“Wait, what's a pyromancer?” Landon asks, confused.
“A fire-breathing witch.” Hope states as I grab onto her arm. “Ric, she wants the knife.”
“Okay, well, where is it?” Rafael asks Hope as we all turn to look at Landon.
“I lost it in the woods. I was running around in circles all night trying to find a place to hide.”
“Okay. Okay. Well, let's find it before she does, huh?” Making our way out of the cellar we end up face to face with the witch. Hope slightly pushes me back but I step out from behind her.
“We don’t want any trouble.” As dad finishes talking the lady holds out her open hand and turns to look at Landon.
“What does she want?” Says Rafael.
“I don’t know.” Landon says.
“Hope, the knife” I whisper to her.
“Maybe she wants the knife you said you don’t have.” Hope turns to glare at him.
Just then the ladies eyes turn red and dad quickly makes us go back into the cellar for safety. We manage to close the door right as the fire reaches it.