chapter three- Lady of the stars pt.1

Начните с самого начала

"So...how do these powers work exactly?" I asked her trying to pretend that everything was normal.

"Like I said, you can control water in all its forms. That means liquid, solid and gass. You can use this ability anytime you want, but it grows stronger at night when the stars shine the brightest." She stated. It seems that my powers are connected to the stars.

"And how do I use them? Is there a spell or something that I have to do?" I asked her again. I hope I'm not annoying her.

"It's okay I am happy to answer." She chuckled and moved slowly to the side of the waterfall.

"Now as for how to use them, here." She motioned me to put my hand in the water and I did just that, only nothing happened. The water was still just water, didn't move an inch.

"It doesn't seem to be working." I sighed slightly disappointed. I moved my hand in different directions but still...nothing. Frustrated, I removed it after a few seconds.

"Jude. Listen to my voice." She spoke to me in a calming tone. "You can do this, it is your destiny. Just think about what you want the water to do." She slowly continued.

Following her advice, I put my hand back in the water. Then I closed my eyes and concentrated. I visualized the water freezing and how the ice made my fingers tingle. Soon, I slowly opened my eyes and couldn't believe it. I did it. I froze the water. I smiled satisfied and looked at the lady. She looked back at me with proud look on her face.

"See, I told you you could do it." She proudly smiled.

"Thank you for all of this but...I still don't know who you are." I said to her, curious about her identity.

"I cannot reveal much but, I will tell you this." She paused with a slight smirk on her face. She slowly walked to the waterfall, standing exactly where she first appeared. "I am who your people call 'Lady of the stars', the rest you will have to find out yourself." She finished and with that she disappeared in to the water, her ethereal glow diminishing without her presence, making the place look like how it used to.

I was just left staring at the waterfall. I can't believe this really happened. I mean, me and my friend literally transfered into a different world but, still. And I just found out I have powers. Just great. I don't know if I can tell anyone though. I could tell Lydia but I don't want her to worry or feel bad that maybe she doesn't have powers like me. But maybe she does and she doesn't know it yet. I don't know. Until I'm sure I think I'll keep this a secret from everyone.

I slowly made my way back at the room. Thankfully, Lydia is still sleeping. At least one of us is resting. I laid down on my bed, I think I should rest while I can, cause I will have to do some research tomorrow. 'Lady of the stars' I repeated in my mind. I know this title from a book but I don't remember what is means exactly. Well I guess I will find out soon. And with that, I drifted off to sleep.

_____________________

I woke up early next morning, couldn't wait to find out who the 'Lady of the stars' was. I tied my long black hair up in a high ponytail and left a note for Lydia to find when she wakes up, saying that I'm going to the library.

I walked out of the room, greeted a few guards on the way and finally arrived at the library.

The doors looked really nice with carved wood designs all over them. And of course they were guarded. I honestly expected for them to not let me in, but they did so I was relieved.

I walked in and was immediately mesmerized by the amount of books this library had. I have seen big libraries before, but this is on a whole new level. It was a paradise for people like me, who loved to read.

I searched for a very long time and finally found a few books that would help me figure out the lady's identity. I then, sat down on one of the chairs and started reading. It was a long process going through all of these books but I suddenly came across this text:

"There Bredhil the Blessed the bluemantled, the Lady of the heights as lovely as the snow in lights gleaming, of the legions of the stars, the cold immortal Queen of mountains, too fair and terrible too far and high for mortal eyes in Manwë's court..."

It was definitely referring to the Lady I met. But when I kept reading more was shocked. I gasped and dropped the book accidentally. This can't be right. There's no way. I grabbed the book again and read that part again, thinking I was mistaken but no. The lady that visited me last night was one of...the Valar. She was Varda Elentári, to the elves know as Elbereth Gilthoniel. Creator of the stars.

I can't believe that she would visit me herself. Me, just an elf visited by a goddess. This must be the most obsurd thing that has happened to me thus far.

I did expect her to be someone powerful but not this. I need to be more respectful should she visit me another time. And the fact that she gave me powers, I feel like I can't let her down. No matter what.

I kept reading some other books as well. I wanted to learn about the awakening of the elves and also the Woodland elves' customs. Since me and Lydia will be living here, we should at least know what the people here do at feasts, celebrations and other things. This information will be useful to us.

__________________________

Lydia's pov

I slowly opened my eyes and adjusted to the light. I yawned and got up from my bed only to find that my friend was nowhere to be seen. Then I walked to the table and saw a note saying that she's in the library. Why on earth would she be at the library? Well, knowing her I'm guessing that she wanted to read more books, she can't survive without them. Sometimes back on our world I even had to remind her to eat, because she would be too obsessed with what she was reading. 'In a minute' she would always say but I knew she was lying.

I fixed my messy hair and wore more appropriate clothing before going to the library myself.

I quietly walked through the many bridges and finally made it. I searched for Jude and then I saw her sitting on a chair, reading.

"Boo!"

"Ahh!"

I started laughing and the expression Jude was making wasn't helping.

"Lydia! You little...you scared me!" She slightly raised her voice at me, obviously annoyed. But quickly started laughing herself.

"You have to admit, I got you good!" I smirked and she shook her head.

"Well, never mind that! I found some really good information from these books." She motioned me to sit next to her.

"What's the information about?" I asked her as I sat down, but it probably has something to do with her elf obsession.

"Well, the elves." Knew it. "Specifically, their customs." Jude stated.

"Why do we need to know that, it's boring." I sighed, I wasn't exactly interested in learning about the elves.

Jude sighed. "I know you are not a big fan of reading and more of an action person girl, but we are here and we have to know these things so we can blend in. I'm sure there's gonna be opportunities for more interesting and adventurous stuff in the future." She said trying to convince me.

"Ugh, you know me too well." I said and folded my arms. "Fine, tell me what you found out."

__________________________

3rd person pov

It's been hours since the two friends started reading the books. Jude seemed very invested in the things she was learning, while on the other hand Lydia wasn't. Without this meaning that she wasn't listening to her friend. She admired her friend's passion but couldn't be like her.

Both Lydia and Jude were now resting, eyes closed and heads on top of the books. Probably tired from all the reading. But it seems the two friends were about to be disturbed.
_________________________

AN: Hello guys!!!How are you? I hope you're well. Finally part 1 of chapter 3 is done, I really struggled with this one but I hope you liked it. Please vote if you want cause it really helps<333 Have a nice day or night!