𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍, 𝗐𝗂𝗌𝗁 𝗒𝗈𝗎 𝗐𝖾𝗋𝖾 𝗌𝗈𝖻𝖾𝗋

Start from the beginning

Before Carlos knows it, Lando's calling someone. He puts the phone on speaker, placing it on the table. Daniel looks at the contact, and he widens his eyes when he sees that Lando's called Yuxin.

"Carlos?"

Yuxin's voice rings out from the phone, and immediately, there's a smile on Lando's lips. "Xinnie!" he says, and Daniel looks at Carlos with hesitation in his eyes. Should he take away the phone and end the call?

Carlos shakes his head, knowing what the Australian is trying to insinuate with his eyes.

"Sorry... is that Lando?"

"Yeah! Xinnie, it's me — we haven't talked in sooooo... long. I miss you! You should come over." he says, smiling giddily.

"Are you drunk?"

"No!"

"He's drunk." Carlos says, and Yuxin sighs. "How much did he drink again?" she asks.

"I don't even know," Daniel says. "He drank so much."

"Why?"

"Because I'm sad, and I miss you! Come over... I want to see you again, Xinnie."

Those words make Yuxin feel that familiar feeling of butterflies in her stomach. But she knows it's wrong — he has a girlfriend, and Yuxin's meant to be staying away.

"That's not such a good idea, Lando. And I'm not in the same country as you, so I can't come see you. Plus, you've got company. You've got Carlos and Daniel, and Camila!"

Lando frowns at the mention of her name. "No more Camila."

Carlos knows that Yuxin's bound to feel very confused. "No more Camila? Lando, what do you mean?"

"Broke up. Said bye."

"Oh," Yuxin breathes out. "I'm really sorry to hear that, Lando. I hope you're doing well."

"Doing fine. Would be better if I saw you."

Yuxin's heart skips a beat. She tells it to calm down.

"Carlos, give Lando some water or something. Make sure he's got aspirin for tomorrow morning — he's going to have a pretty bad hangover. Make sure he gets home safe, okay?" Yuxin says, seemingly ignoring Lando's last sentence.

"Yeah, got it, Xinnie."

"Got it... Xinnie. Xinnie..." Lando says, giggling as he says her name. "Xinnie...?"

"I'm here."

Lando smiles at the sound of her voice. "Will you talk to me now? Please talk to me." he begs, and Yuxin doesn't say anything for a little bit.

"Xinnie. Hello?"

"Lando, you're very drunk. Carlos and Daniel should drive you back home."

"That has... nothing to do with what I just said." Lando frowns, and he heard Yuxin let out a sigh. "Yes. Sure. We can talk." she replies.

"Nice," Lando says, smiling widely. "I love you so... so... much Xinnie."

Yuxin freezes when she hears those words. Daniel and Carlos look at each other with wide eyes, as Lando rests his head on the table.

Lando won't remember any of this the next morning, she's sure. He's probably only saying that because he's drunk, and just broke up with Camila — he doesn't mean it.

But why does it feel so good to hear?

Yuxin thought that the distance allowed her to successfully get over Lando — but now he says those words, and Yuxin fears that she'll fall head over heels once again.

"Ah, right... um..."

"Xinnie... I think he's fallen asleep." Carlos says, picking his phone up from the table. Lando's got his eyes closed, and Daniel pokes him to see if he'll wake up.

"Oh, okay. That's... that's fine. Um... let me know how he's doing tomorrow." Yuxin says, and Carlos sighs. "They broke up. You can talk to him now."

"He's drunk right now. He's not going to remember any of this." Yuxin replies. "He might not even know that he called me."

"Obviously he won't. I'm saying, you can reach out."

"Does he know?"

"Know what?" Carlos asks.

"Know about New York."

"I don't know, Xinnie. Which is why you have to talk to him. Come on, Xinnie. You want to be friends with him, don't you?" Carlos says, and Yuxin doesn't say a word.

But those words replay in the back of her mind.

Love you so much, Xinnie.

Oh, how Yuxin wished that Lando was sober.

xinnie 🤍why'd you have to drink so muchanywaysi hope your hangover isn't too bad you have aspirin at home don't youdrink lots of wateri told carlos to put a bucket next to your bed in case you throw up take care of yourself landogoodnight, sleep ...

xinnie 🤍
why'd you have to drink so much
anyways
i hope your hangover isn't too bad
you have aspirin at home don't you
drink lots of water
i told carlos to put a bucket next to your bed in case you throw up
take care of yourself lando
goodnight, sleep well
sweet dreams : )