❝CHAPTER TWO❞︎

▌𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐰𝐨 ━︎━︎ 𝐏𝐫𝐨𝐟𝐞𝐬𝐬𝐨𝐫 𝐒𝐧𝐚𝐩𝐞 ▌

━︎━︎━︎━︎𝐖𝐇𝐄𝐍 𝐒𝐇𝐄 𝐖𝐀𝐒 lead to the Gryffindor common room, she wasn't expecting the moving staircases and the multiple talking paintings. She made her way into the common room, not even bothering to listen to Percy Weasley who kept repeating that he was the Head Boy and Prefect. When it was time for them to separate and go find their rooms, Juniper couldn't help but be thankful that she was most likely going to be alone. She made her way up to the rooms, pushing open an empty room where her stuff was waiting for her. She sat down on the bed, slowly falling back onto it and closing her eyes with a deep sigh.

She couldn't help the immediate tears that pooled in her eyes, closing them tight as she let the tears fall. She wanted to go back home. She wanted to be with her mother. Juniper had never really had any friends in her life, she was a loner and she liked to study. No one really ever approached her. She didn't have siblings to keep her company. Her mother was her best friend as well as her Uncle Remus. They were the only ones that she really talked to. She sat up and wiped away her tears, clearing her throat as she pushed her hair out of her face. The sound of footsteps entering made her stop.

     She turned her head, surprised to see Hermione Granger standing there. Hermione stood in the doorway for a moment, looking at Juniper with raised eyebrows. "Are you alright?"

     Juniper narrowed her eyes. "I'm fine. What do you want?"

    "Well if you'd take a moment to open your eyes you'd see my stuff sitting on the dresser right across from you," Hermione sassily remarked. "Looks like we're roommates." Hermione closed the door, walking into the bathroom to change into her night clothes. Hermione walked out, sitting on the bed and grabbing her book, immediately dipping her nose into it.

     Juniper stared at the girl for a moment, clenching her jaw in annoyance before standing up and walking into the bathroom. She closed the door, placing her hands on the sink and looking at herself in the mirror. "Grow up, Juniper. Not everyone is going to like you." She stood up, straightening her shoulders. "You're going to be just fine. You don't need anyone that isn't your mom and Remus." She took a deep breath before changing her clothes and then walking back out.

     "Were you talking to someone?" Hermione asked.

     Juniper looked at her. "Were you minding your business?"

     Hermione stared at her. "I see this is going to be a lovely year."

     Juniper threw her hand towards the door, the door flying open. "There's the door, feel free to leave."

     Hermione sat up immediately, her book lying askew. She stared at the door before looking at Juniper. "How did you do that without a wand?"

     Juniper glanced at the door and shrugged. "I've always been able to do it, even as a baby."