67. Tired Of Telling Lies

Start from the beginning

Pihu(with a smile): Okk. Jaldi!

Ram: Haan meri maa jaldi niklunga.

Ram stared at Priya for a couple of seconds before running towards the washroom to take a shower.

"Mr. Kapoor...main chahti hoon ke hamare beech sab thik ho jaaye par woh baatein main bhool nahi paa rahi. Aap kaise woh sab soch sakte hain mere baare mein? Aapko sach mein lagta hai ke main Krish ke saath.......mujhse aur nahi ho raha. Pihu ke hazaar sawaalon ke jawaab nahi hain mere paas. Main khudko nahi samjha paa rahi. Usko kya samjhaun? Dil toh toota hai mera. Phir se. Har baar unn toote huye hisso ko jodne ki himmat kahan se laun main?", Priya thought quickly wiping off the lone tear that escaped her eyes.

She decided to divert her thoughts by helping Pihu with her sums while Ram finished taking a shower.
. . . . . . . .

After Ram freshened up Pihu took him to her playroom to show him her drawings.

Ram: Wow yeh toh bohot beautiful hai. Especially yeh Palm trees toh bohot pretty hain.

Pihu hit her forehead gently.

Pihu: Arey Papa woh Palm trees nahi, Sunflowers hain!

Ram(biting his tongue): Ohh! Sorry sorry. Main bhi na...haan sunflowers hi toh hain.

They had a good laugh about it.

Later Pihu handed Ram a story book and sat on Ram's lap comfortably as he started to read the story for her. Pihu started laughing heartily as Ram kept modulating his voice and talk in funny voices while telling Pihu a story about a cow and a donkey.

He finished the story and looked at his little munchkin.

Ram: Mazza aaya story sunke?

Pihu(happily): Bohot.

But Pihu's happy mood didn't last long. She wanted to talk to her Papa about the fight that was happening between him and her Mumma.

Pihu: Papa?

Ram: Hmm?

Pihu: Mumma aur aapki fight kab finish hogi?

Pihu's sudden questioning left Ram totally flabbergasted.

Ram: Haan? Kya?

Pihu: Haan Mumma ne bataya mujhe ke aap dono mein best friend wali fight ho rahi hai aur isliye woh sad hai.

Ram swallowed hard recalling how Tara asked him not to involve Pihu in their issues.

Ram: Aapki Mumma ne aapse kya kaha hai Pihu bachhe?

Pihu told Ram whatever her Mumma told her and that made Ram feel tensed. He honestly didn't want Pihu to know anything.

Pihu(shaking his arm): Bolo na Papa aap dono ki fight kab khatam hogi?

Ram: Bachhe hum....hum suljha lenge fight. Aap tension mat lo.

Pihu(sadly): Mujhe achha nahi lagta aap dono fight karte ho toh.

Ram(caressing her cheeks): Main jaanta hoon Pihu bachhe. Sab thik ho jayega.

Pihu hugged him tightly while Ram hugged her back.
. . . . . . . .

At the dinner table, all three of them sat silently. Priya was about to serve Ram some rotis when Tarun came with a bowl of grilled chicken salad that was loaded with veggies and some mayonnaise. Priya and Pihu's eyes widened looking at the scene in front of them. Both looked at him as though they've seen a ghost. Priya looked at Tarun, wanting him to explain.

Tarun: Bhabhi woh Sir ne hi kaha tha ke woh Chicken salad khayenge dinner mein.

Ram was dying inside. There was Chilli Paneer in front of him that was calling him eagerly but he chose to shift his gaze to Priya who was still looking at him weirdly.