chapter two

♪ to be so lonely~harry styles

"Are you done looking yourself in the mirror? I don't want to be late!" I shouted to Brian, who apparently wanted to be perfect for this stupid photo shoot.
"Wait, I'm coming! I just need to choose which pose to do. What do you think of this one? I call it "The Lion." He told me while doing a "lion face"
"You're such an idiot, let's go"
We enter room 202 and it really looks like a photography studio. Lights, cameras, and even three computers, they have really outdone themselves.
"What took you so long? We have to take at least fifty pictures of each of you" Grace said, she looked annoyed.
"I'm sorry, someone wanted to be perfect" I said looking at Brian but he wasn't even listening to us, he was too busy checking out the blondie "So, Nicole am I right?" Brian asked her, I couldn't believe he was flirting with her when he said he wanted to focus on soccer "Yeah" she replied dryly and without even looking at him; someone was actually rejecting Brian Shay and I was there to witness it! "Are you busy after the photo shoot?" He asked her; this time she looked into his eyes and answered with "Yes" "Then what are you doing?" he insisted "None of your business, now stop talking and strike a pose" she said firmly. After that weird conversation, Nicole starts taking pictures of Brian while Grace takes pictures of me. "Long time no see" I said in a low voice "Huh?" Grace said "You're Tray's little sister aren't you?" I asked her "Yep" "Which grade are you in?" "I'm a junior" She said without paying attention to me "I always thought I was three years older than you" I told her "Yeah, that's because my brother used to tell everyone that I was too young as soon as someone told him I was cute." Now I remember, last year I was talking to Brian and I told him I thought she was pretty, but I didn't like her, absolutely not in that way, I just thought she was pretty and I still find her pretty, but she's definitely not my type, you know? Anyway, Tray might have overheard us and a week later, before a big game, he was complaining that his family wouldn't be there because his sister had her fifth grade recital, so after the game Brian said teasing me "Dude, you like a ten year old" "Yeah gross" I told him.
They finish taking pictures of us and we all run to practice because, of course, we are late.
"Here come the models," shouted James from the opposite side of the field "Yeah yeah, laugh now, but when we have a page in the yearbook, we will be the ones laughing." Brian said "Guys, this is Grace and Nicole from the photography club, please don't make them feel uncomfortable, they will have to take pictures of us all year long so get used to them" I said "You won't even know we're here," Grace said, and then she and Nicole sat down on the bleachers.
After training I notice that Grace's sitting alone on the bleachers. "Dude go talk to her, she totally has a crush on you" Brian told me "What? No, she doesn't. And I definitely don't like her" I nervously replied "If you say so. I'll catch up with you later" he said patting me on the shoulder. I decide to stay a bit more to run, it helps me clear my mind. 10 minutes later, I see that Grace's still taking pictures of me so I run towards her.
"Hey don't worry you can go home, It's just my after practice ritual" I said to her "I don't have a ride home so I'm waiting for my mother to pick me up after her shift" she told me as she looked at the pictures she had just taken "I can walk you home if you want to" "Ok, thank you" she said and a small smile appeared on her lips "I'll go change, wait here" I said as I headed for the locker room.