13: 𝘀𝗽𝗮𝗿𝗸𝘀 𝗮𝗿𝗲 𝗳𝗹𝘆𝗶𝗻𝗴

Comenzar desde el principio

Since purchasing both the BMW M4 Competition and the 1970 Plymouth Roadrunner, I had completed my inspections. From the motor, the front end, tires, exhaust, and more — everything was checked off.

Instead, this was leading up to the surprise. With the help of my mama and Kai, I had everything I need.

And as we stepped closer, I pulled the key fob from the front pocket of my black cargo pants. Feeling as Penelope melted into my touch once my hands drifted just a little bit lower.

The passenger door with my assistance. That's when I heard the sound of pleasure come from her. A gasp left her lips before Penny covered her mouth. Her eyes moved across the seat before turning to find mine.

"Ka'Dafii...thank...is this for me?" She blinked a few times before turning back to the interior of the car. Surprised by the motion. Unfamiliar with the actions — she was taken aback.

I nodded simply and not a second later she was throwing her arms around my neck. Her soft lips covered my face in kisses.

Placed in the passenger seat was a three feet plush teddy bear that was holding a bouquet of a hundred roses. The arrangement is made up of Bridal Akito, Red, and Pink Love roses. While those two items weren't the main attraction of the gifts.

A light pink envelope with a matching velvet jewelry box tucked underneath the bear.

The last-minute call to JJ's Flower Shop was all a part of divine timing, seriously. The only thing that took the longest was the favor from Mr. Malone at DaVinci Fine Jewelry. Years ago, he was the only jeweler in the city that made my pieces and gathered the best Rolex and Audemars Piguet watches for me. Now he had the honor of gathering me the 14K White Gold tennis necklace with a seven-carat weight.

"Who else imma give this to, mama?" I whispered, my hands traveling the frame of her body against mine. Penelope tightens her arms around my neck before I felt her lips back on my neck. Kissing and sucking, and I tried my hardest to suppress the deep groaning of pleasure. The butterfly kisses were making me weak in the knees...almost.

"You didn't have to do this...thank you so much, baby."

Shaking my head, I backed away before she could either finish her question or made me hard in the middle of this race track.

"I wanted to, mama. Here." Sidestepping, I picked up the flowers, hanging them over. Immediately Penny sniffed the collection. That smile brightened on her face. Next was the teddy, note, and jewelry box. That smile came with a very low 'no' as she stepped back an inch or so.

"Uh uh, Ka'Dafii. I can't accept that." Those words made me side-eye her.

"You don't even know what it is. Plus you ain't got no choice, baby,"

With the teddy bear on her hip, she held the long-stemmed roses by their ends while looking at the remaining items in my hand. "Which one do you want first?"

Penelope looked up at me. Holding my attention as her beauty drew me in deeper. And I knew then if I wasn't in love, it was pretty damn close. Nothing felt wrong right now. The only thing that felt incomplete was not doing this. To give up and let another man have this chance — I'll be a fool.

Time no longer matter, there was no stopwatch for us. Even in the end, we'll have to figure this out.

Shifting the flowers around, her perfectly manicured blue nails went to the small envelope. And within seconds she was holding the handwritten note. I had opted out of the genetically typed message. This felt more personal.

"Have dinner with me as my girlfriend," Penny read.

Okay? It wasn't a question, more like a demand. But, hey? She had the choice of turning me down.