𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝘁𝘄𝗲𝗻𝘁𝘆

Start from the beginning

"What do you mean gone?" Rotxo stood up immediately, as he looked back to his grandmother once again.

"She has gone Rotxo. She's going back home. To the forest" his grandmother says.

Rotxo walks out, ready to find Ao'nung for an explanation, but needed not to search, as he was already stood by the marui.

"You let her go?" Rotxo asks.

Ao'nung nods, "I can not force her to stay here if she does not wish to."

"Ao'nung.."

"This is on your accord. You. Neteyam. Both of you, acting like complete lunatics" Ao'nung says.

Rotxo stays silent.

"This morning, when Lëy'la came back from being with you, we were already there at their marui. She had no idea about anything because it was my father and her father who had planned all this. She was telling the truth Rotxo. But for some reason, you just chose to ignore her and walk away" Ao'nung says.

Rotxo realises, he was so caught up in emotion, that he had hurt Lëy'la too. And now.. she left.

"No" he whispers, "I'm so stupid."

"Well it's too late now. She's not coming back" Ao'nung shrugs and walks off.

∘₊✧──────✧₊∘

The Sully's were sat, eating dinner. Silently.

That was until, Tuk spoke.

"Where is Lëy'la? Why is she not eating with us?" Tuk asks, worried about her older sister.

Neytiri looks at her, not sure on how to tell her.

"She's gone back home" Jake speaks bluntly.

"What?" Lo'ak looks at his father, "what do you mean, gone home?"

"I mean gone home. Back to the forest. She left this morning" Jake says.

"And you just let her go? Are you out your mind?" Lo'ak looks at his dad confused, "the only reason we are here, is because we are trying not to get caught. If she gets caught-"

"She won't because, I'm riding out tonight to go find her and bring her back" Jake replies, "now eat your food and stop asking questions.

They go silent again, before Lo'ak looks to Neteyam.

Guilt, written all over his face.

Lo'ak stood up, "I've lost my appetite."

He walks out, despite his fathers objections, walking away from his family.

∘₊✧──────✧₊∘

Lëy'la and Eyza take a break, as they had been flying for eight hours so far.

They stop by a deserted island, where Lëy'la gets off, before she decides to get out a blanket, laying it on to the floor.

She looks to Eyza, who also seemed quite tired, but also hungry.