TRACK 09 / THE VERY FIRST NIGHT.

Start from the beginning

[ Waves hand ] but I'm getting ahead of myself, aren't I? I was out with Ivy Dane when it happened. )

"Ivy. . . Do you think that we bought too many clothes?"

She frowned. "What makes you say that?"

Instead of answering, Odette simply gestured to the mass number of bags that were sitting in the bag seat of Odette's car which wasn't counting the few boxes of shoes in the trunk.

It had been Odette's idea to go shopping. After staring at her closet for an abnormal amount of time that morning, Odette had grown tired at what she was seeing and called her up, unsurprised when she had responded happily to the offer. She did, however, underestimate how much she'd be walking away with─ not that money was an issue, never had been nor was it after Lucy's death as most of her money went to Odette─ but it was more Odette wondering if she had enough space for all of it.

But despite her concern over her friend's shopping habits, deep down she was thankful for her. Ever since New York, but also since she cut her hair, Odette felt like she needed everything to be different. It led her to moving out of Lucy's home and placing it under Romeo's name, stating that she needed less room, and he needed more since Ivy already lived with him and his two-bedroom apartment and he neither wanted to kick her out and not live with James, and when they had talked about it, she found herself moving into Romeo's apartment as a far exchange. Her clothes had been the next thing on her list; the final step in feeling like a new person.

Ivy gave her a pointed look. "You do realise not everything here is for you."

"That does not make me feel any better, you know that right?"

"It's meant to," she replied.

Odette opened her mouth to say something in response before shaking her head and starting the car. However, she didn't pull out of the carpark right away, too distracted by suddenly hearing Billy's voice of the radio. She frowned as she stared at it, hand reaching out to turn the dial up.

'Is it out of our hands?'

She grinned. "Holy fucking shit."

'Tell me, tell me, tell me, how we made it this far.'

"Wait, is this─"

"You would be very correct," she replied, unable to stop herself from smiling.

'Oh, we could make a good thing bad.'

"Who's the woman, is that Karen?"

She shook her head. "No, according to the others, Teddy pulled in a singer called Daisy Jones to work with them. It uh. . ." She laughed. "Apparently it was interesting."

Although, interesting was putting it simply. She had been told how Daisy had changed the lyrics on Billy and Billy being well, Billy, didn't take it kindly. It made Odette wished that she had been there to see Billy's reaction to the changes, as well as meet the woman she only knew by name. You would've fucking loved it, Eddie had said to her, and while they were talking over the phone, Odette knew him well enough that he was grinning. And he wasn't wrong, even hearing about it already made her want to meet Daisy Jones with a bouquet of flowers as a thank you.

But Ivy didn't question that, instead saying; "She's really good." And when Odette looked at her for a moment, she saw her smiling softly as she tapped her finger on her knee in time with the music. "I think I know Daisy Jones."

"Oh?"

She nodded. "She's gone to a few of the same parties that Romeo has dragged me to. I've never talked to her, but if she's who I'm thinking of, I can understand how it would've been interesting. I saw her push some guy in a pool once."