011 | SEA TURTLES

CHAPTER ELEVEN

████████████████████

╰┈➤ SEA TURTLES

🏴‍☠️

The Hard Deck
Miramar, California
August 2018

The air was thick with anticipation as the two close friends stumbled out of the bustling bar, their laughter echoing through the night. Graduation from Top Gun was right around the corner, and they sought comfort in the final moments of their adventure. With a shared understanding, they veered away from the worn picnic tables outside the bar, their steps guided by an unspoken desire to embrace the tranquility of the shoreline.

"Last sunset in Fightertown!" Gracie yelled into the sea breeze as they made their way through the soft, shifting sand.

Bradley ran ahead, spreading his arms out like a soaring eagle. He twirled around with his back to the ocean, the wind whipping his Hawaiian shirt as if he were about to take flight, "I'm the king of the world!"

"Wooo!!" Gracie shouted back, her cheeks aching from laughter after spending another drunken night at The Hard Deck with her closest friend, Rooster.

The last remnants of daylight painted the sky in hues of fiery orange and dusky pink. Gracie's heart fluttered, for she had developed a tapestry of emotions for her dear friend. Yet, the fear of risking their cherished bond held her back, like a fragile bird hesitant to leave its nest.

Drunk on both spirits and the enchantment of the moment, their eyes remained locked, each stolen glance a silent confession of the unspoken desires that danced between them.

Unbeknownst to her, he too was captivated by her presence, his gaze tracing the delicate contours of her face. In the fading light, her golden hair glowed like a halo, kissed by the setting sun. Her eyes, a serene shade of green, mirrored the depths of a tranquil forest, offering solace to his weary soul. With every passing moment, her very being soothed him, like a gentle lullaby whispered by the evening breeze.

As the sun dipped below the horizon, surrendering to the embrace of the night, the stars emerged, twinkling like celestial diamonds strewn across the vast expanse of the sky. It was in this ethereal backdrop that he asked her to dance, a request that hung in the air, heavy with unspoken promises.

She blinked in surprise, her eyes widening as she looked around. "Dance?" her lips curved into a broad smile, "How drunk are you, Bradshaw? There's no music," she said, a hint of amusement in her voice.