xi. once the student, now the teacher

Start from the beginning

In the hallway, Ned ran up to Peter and Aster, grinning ear to ear. "Dude, dude, dude, dude. What is it like being famous when nobody knows it's you?"

Peter laughed, peering around to make sure no one was listening. "Crazy, dude."

"It's crazy. Should we tell everyone?"

Aster and Peter shared a look at Ned's idea. "No," Peter told him.

"...Should I tell everyone?"

"Oh, yeah, that should be okay," Aster hummed sarcastically.

Peter was staring at him, dumbfounded. "No, dude, no, that's not a good idea."

"Okay, come on, we'll be late to class."

When Ned tried to pull him along, Peter didn't budge. "I'm not going to class."

That was news to Aster. "You're not?"

Ned's eyes darted between the two. "You're already in so much trouble for ditching the Decathlon."

"Dude, listen, I figured it out, right? The wingsuit guy is stealing from Damage Control. And what he takes from Damage Control, that's how he builds the weapons. So all I gotta do is catch him."

It was silent between them for a moment. Aster took in the information Peter revealed and all the pieces fell together in her head. Of course, that's how they were getting those old parts. She should've known.

Based on the frown on his face, Ned clearly had other concerns. "But... we have a Spanish quiz."

Aster sighed and rubbed a hand over her forehead. "Ned, please reconsider your priorities right now."

Peter blinked once. Then again. "Ned, I'm probably never gonna come back here. Mr. Stark is moving the Avengers upstate, so when I bring this guy in—"

"Dude, you want to be a high school dropout?"

"I am so far beyond high school right now."

The sound of Principle Morita's voice cut into their conversation. "Parker, my office."

Aster and Ned both offered Peter a nervous glance. Peter simply released a heavy sigh and gave in, walking over to the Principle's office with his head hung down in shame.

───

Peter ended up in detention.

He and Aster were supposed to get together after school and figure out what their next move was now that they knew where these men were getting their supplies, but with Peter in detention, they wouldn't be able to do that.

So, Aster encouraged him to just walk out.

It was a joke at first. He texted her about how bored he was, sitting there watching Captain America scold him for getting detention. Which, to Aster, was total bullshit. Steve was the master at breaking rules, despite his image as America's perfect hero.

But when Aster jokingly told him to walk out, he did, right in front of Coach Wilson. He texted Aster to meet him at his apartment and that he would be there after grabbing another bottle of web fluid from his hiding spot at school.

When Aster got there, she let herself in. Peter was lounging in his room, with his feet kicked up on his desk and his arms folded behind his head. He had his usual jeans and a sweatshirt layered on top of his entire suit, with the hood pulled up over his mask. Aster leaned against his doorframe with crossed arms, raising an eyebrow at him. "Comfortable?"