ONE

"Are you sure it's available? It doesn't sound real." your tone is quiet, almost a whisper as you take a sip of your matcha latte, staring at your friend Monica with big eyes. "It has to be a scam."

She laughs before shaking his head. "Mingyu just graduated and he's moving with his girlfriend to the other side of town!" She slams the table and leans forward, causing you to jump in surprise at the loud thud. "And of course it's real, Minnie is my best friend !! He can definitely hook you up with the apartment owner. In fact, I'll call him right now." She exclaims frantically, picking up her phone to dial her first emergency number.

You sigh at your overly dramatic friend before taking another sip of your latte, feeling like this too, will be a failed attempt at getting a new place.

Third year of university is starting soon, and your school has moved all your classes to the new building which is on the other side of the city. The area was pre-booked by all the first years who already knew their classes were going to be there, so at this point it's almost impossible to find a good apartment in the area that's not infested by annoying first years, or that's decent enough for someone to live in.

"Ahh! You're the best Minnie!! I'll forward her his number! Bisous." Monica hangs up the phone with a grin on her face, a message popping up on your phone before she tells you the news. Slamming her phone against the table which makes you feel bad for the poor phone. "Mingyu was just leaving the apartment and was able to ask him directly, they are looking for a new roommate and he put a word in for you!"

You blink repeatedly, absorbing all the information you have been told just now. Is she for real right now?!

She does dramatic little claps as she smiles at you, "I just sent you his number so you can talk to him directly, but I'm sure Mingyu has sold it out for you." She winks before taking a sip of her iced coffee.

"Oh wow," you exclaim, almost perplexed.

You were completely hopeless just a few seconds ago, and now you suddenly are almost sure of getting Mingyu's old room?!

You look down at your phone that pings again, only this time it's a message from a number you don't have saved on your phone. A thumbnail of a video intriguing you as you open the message. The video is a brief tour of the apartment you and Monica have just been talking about.

< Message from unknown number >

Hello y/n, this is Beomgyu :)

I'm Mingyu's old roommate. He told me that you are looking for a room close to the new university building. We were a little hesitant about having a first year coming in to live with us, but Mingyu told us you are a third year like us! and you are good friends with him which means we'll get along just fine. :)I'll leave you a small video tour of the apartment, but feel free to come by anytime!!!

Hope to see you soon, the better Gyu x

You laugh at the last part of the text, clicking on the video to find yourself amazed at how big and well kept the apartment looks. The apartment is modern, and has great lightning which is a big plus for you. Gyu's voice pops in and out of the video as he guides you around the apartment.

'That's Yeonjun's room, and this one is mine. Yours would be down the hallway by the balcony. Oh! And you get your own shelf in the bathroom too!' He continues to show the apartment to you, finally making it to what would be your room, and it takes less than two seconds before you are convinced this is the perfect place for you to move to.

< Message to Beomgyu >

Hey better gyu! You're a great tour guide, I'm definitely sold! I would love to move in as soon as possible, would Sunday work for you guys?