Chapter 59-First move

Start from the beginning

Sitting across her was none other that Yuta Ikketsu, my teammate. Observing his actions carefully, I noticed that he was gazing affectionately at the pink-haired woman with love in his eyes, seemingly mesmerized by her good looks. All of a sudden, I heard a chuckle from him. My eyes slightly widened at the fact that the Yuta Ikketsu who was known to be cold-hearted and antisocial was laughing with a girl. 

He ran his long fingers through his combed wolf tail hair, and his cat eyes showed signs of his love towards the girl. He looked as if he liked her so much that the hearts that formed in his eyes were very much visible.

Who was that girl, and how did she suddenly catch the heart of Yuta so quickly? Was it her good looks? Or was there something particular about her that made her stand out from the rest? He was only drinking a small cup of tea, listening to her blabber inaudibly. The two of them seemed to have a very friendly and good chat, until the two of them were joined by Asahi?

Asahi took a look at Yuki, and had a look of familiarity in his eyes. Due to his normally loud voice, I could make out most of what he was saying at that time. 

"Ah! Kayami-chan, it's good to see you!" He gave her a hug, before taking a seat next to hid best buddy. So...her name was Kayami? That was quite a cute name, especially for a pretty girl like her. 

How did the both of them know her? Moreover, what was their relationship that could make someone as emotionally stiff as Yuta let loose with a girl like her?

Yuta made eye contact with me from his table, and I immediately looked away, quickly finishing my brunch and leaving the table so as to not cause any further suspicions from him. I need to know more about that peculiar girl, but I had not the slightest bit idea how to casually ask for them without being caught in my act.

Heading back to the lounge, I decided to approach Becky, the most companionable person in the Mansion of Monsters. Striking up a casual conversation, I started to act genuine and get her to start talking. 

"So, I've seen this strange girl talking to Asahi and Yuta. She has pink hair, and these blue eyes, and is around 5 foot 7 to 8 inches. Do you know who she is? I'm just really curious," I questioned. 

"Ah! You're talking about Miss Kayami Yuki, aren't you? The pink hair already made me know it was her," Becky exclaimed, and I nodded my head. Kayami Yuki! 

"Well, she's in boss Yui's team. I heard that it only took one game for Yui to pick her into his special team for only the strongest and best members of the Mansion. All the members in Yui's team are handpicked by himself, and he has a certain liking to her," she said. 

"What's h-her specialty, and how o-on earth did it-it take h-her wth-one day to jump from r-rank E to rank A?"I was absolutely flabbergasted by what she said. Such a talented girl!

"Some rumors suggest that she slept with Yui, but I highly doubt that she'd cheat her way up the ranks, and Yui's sex appeal is super low, not like he's interested in all those dirty activities. I must say, she really is good at spades! She bare-handily defeated some of our strongest members in a spar!" She explained in detail. 

"Hmm...so she has connections with all the other highly ranked members, including the team leaders like Asahi?" I made a statement, hoping for her to spill more information.

"I guess so. Someone as charismatic as her is obviously popular in the Mansion, especially among the boys since she's so beautiful and young. I heard that she's 21 year-old virgin, so she's the main target for many perverts. Oddly, whenever she gets hit on by others, she has the same message that 'her heart belongs to another'." After listening to that not-so brief description of Kayami Yuki, I gawked at her abilities.