𝐒𝐈𝐗, 𝗂𝗍'𝗌 𝗇𝗂𝖼𝖾 𝗍𝗈 𝗆𝖾𝖾𝗍 𝗒𝗈𝗎

Start from the beginning

"I'll be fine. I've been lying to him about my feelings for years ― this isn't anything different."

"Yeah," Haeun sighs, pressing her lips together. "You'll be fine."

Haeun had always thought that Yuxin would end up with Lando, much like all of her other friends ― but it's been years, and the only progress that's been made towards a romantic relationship are Yuxin's songs. Sure, he makes flirtatious comments at her ― but that's all in good fun, and those definitely won't happen anymore now that he has a girlfriend.

Lando is great inspiration to make music, but Haeun can't deny how Yuxin's feelings for him are consuming her to the point where she's just dwelling on it and feeling pity for herself now.

And as Yuxin steps onto the stage, bright lights shining into her eyes, the crowd erupts into cheers. Unconsciously, the girl finds herself searching for Lando in the huge crowd ― and it doesn't take long for her to lock eyes with him. Camila's by his side, his arm around her waist, and Yuxin's heart drops.

He gives her a bright smile, and a thumbs up ― and as practiced, Yuxin plasters a smile onto her lips as the first song starts playing.

She performs some songs from her first album, eyes scanning the crowd, but they almost always land on Lando's. Similarly, his eyes are locked onto hers. But unlike that night in the club, the look in his eyes when he looks at Yuxin isn't one of attraction, like it is when he looks at Camila ― it is of something akin to proudness.

"The next song is my favourite from my most recent album, Muse." she tells the crowd, taking her guitar off the guitar stand placed on the stage. She slings the guitar strap over her shoulder, walking back towards the microphone stand. "I wrote this song when I was staying at a friend's in Toronto ― this is If I Can't Have You."

As the intro starts playing, Yuxin sees Lando whisper into Camila's ear, and the girl beside him giggles. Yuxin takes a deep breath, diverting her attention elsewhere.

Oh, I'm good at keeping my distance, I know that you're the feeling I'm missing. Her eyes meet Lando's again, and suddenly, it's like there's no one else there. Just her and him, and all the noise, all the people, they're all drowned out. She writes for him, she sings for him ― everything is for him.

Is it too late to tell you that everything means nothing if I can't have you? And as Camila pulls him in closer with a loving smile on her lips, Yuxin decides that yes ― it is too late. She will always be too late.

Forever five steps backwards, forever not even a choice.

Forever the best friend.

Her eyes are on his, but his are elsewhere.

She will ignore the way he tugs on her heartstrings, the way that she blinks back the tears in her eyes ― rejection is never a good feeling to feel, but Yuxin has felt it too many times. Perhaps this was her last straw, the final nail in the coffin, the last glaring red sign to tell her that it's time.

She has spent most of her teenage years pining for him, bottling up all these feelings only for them to grow stronger, and to end up breaking her heart in the process.

And when Lando brings Camila backstage to meet Yuxin, it's like the third dagger into her heart. Because gosh, she's so pretty. And kind. Yuxin can't bring herself to even feel an ounce of hatred towards her.

She's practically got stars in her eyes, and Yuxin now understands why Lando's fallen for her so hard.

"It's so nice to meet you!" she says excitedly, and Yuxin smiles gratefully at her. Haeun can't help but eavesdrop, standing near a clothing rack near the three.

"Thank you! I'm glad you came ― Lando's told me quite a bit about you." she says, and Camila turns to look at Lando, who's burying his face in his hands in embarrassment. "Don't hide. You two are quite literally dating."

"It's embarrassing having emotions."

Yuxin laughs. "You guys make a cute couple," she says, trying her best to smile at the two. Camila looks at her with a bright look in her eye. "Thank you ― it's all new, but... I'm happy."

"That's good." Yuxin says, as her shattered heart somehow seems to break a little more. "I'm very happy for you guys."

She looks on hopelessly as Lando grabs ahold of Camila's hands, and she forces another small smile onto her lips.

Haeun, noticing the expression on Yuxin's face, walks up to her. "Your manager wants to talk to you," she says, and Yuxin nods.

"Sorry to cut this interaction short ― duty calls," she chuckles awkwardly. "Camila, it was lovely to meet you, I hope we can talk more soon! Lando, I'll see you around."

Lando waves goodbye at Yuxin, watching as Haeun drags the girl away.

"She seems nice." Camila beams.

Lando nods. "She really is."

liked by @landonorris, @camiilopez, @seohajoon and 1,232,221 others

yuxin ― thank you all for coming to the show ❤️ onto the next!

COMMENTS 💬

@camiilopez loved meeting you
@yuxin likewise!
@user1 yall this is LTRLY proof the songs arent about lando 😭

@oliviarodrigo where my free ticket at
@yuxin check ur msgs love

@haeunseo ate

@landonorris Show was amazing as usual xinnie
@yuxin thank you lando!

@danielricciardo @grammys give her the grammy!
@yuxin HAHHAHA

@user2 omg lando brought his gf to xinnies show
@user3 such a cute couple

@user4 idk me personally if the guy i liked brought his gf to my concert id light myself on fire
@user5 😭 we dont know if she rlly does like him but .. ur so real for this tbh

@user6 we love you xinnie

@carlossainz55 hurry up and come watch a race
@yuxin wheres the magic word
@carlossainz55 hurry up??
@yuxin no

@nabilee_ marry me
@yuxin we are married alr wdym