Years long Passed

"Princess Y/n. It's time to wake" a voice spoke, calmly pulling you from the inky void of sleep.

Next to you stood an older woman, minor wrinkles formed at her eyes and creases shown as she softly smiled. Her age wasn't that of an elder, but of experience and clinging youthfulness that she hung beautifully on to. Her hair fell down her shoulders like cascading ink that caught a dull shine, her eyes a soft pale brown that stared gently down at you. She was taller than most women you knew, though that wasn't much of a feat. Her style of choice was always an elegant dress no matter the time of day or chosen activity. One might have even mistaken her for royalty.

"It is time to wake up, my dear. You have many things planned for today" her voice held a sweetness as she leaned over, carefully tucking a part of your messy hair away. You gave her a groggy stare through your tiny eyes before attempting to rub away at the sleepiness that held onto you.

"Vania?" You called the woman's name.
"Where's ilima?" You asked, finding it strange that none of your servants had been the one to wake you. She simply smiled for a moment.

"Your father believes it would be better that I take the role of getting you ready in the mornings from now on" she announced as she then turned towards your closet to grab what she would need to dress you, leaving you rather confused.

"Oh...okay" you spoke, a flat tone in your voice. You felt a little saddened since you had quite liked the servants that took care of you. You didn't dare argue though. She continued to grab what she needed before speaking again.

"It was on short notice for me as well. Though I did agree it was probably for the best" she explained, soon picking an outfit for you. One of blue and white that she often said she loved, despite your disagreement.
"Now come, we must get you ready-" a knock came at the door.

"Princess Y/N, King Rauru and Queen Sonia would like to speak with you in the garden once you're ready" a woman's voice announced to which you quickly turned back to Vania, a part of her smile falling ever so slightly as she stared at the door

"Why yes, of course. We should..." She paused before turning down to you, her face strained.

"We will go speak with your father...after your bath of course" she spoke and you immediately began whining.

"But I don't want a bath!"

-

Only after what felt like hours had you finally made it to the garden, your parents standing proudly as they talked with a member of their council.

"Their stay should be short enough. They wish only to discuss trade-" your father stopped, his eyes catching on you.

"Y/n! It is good to see you, my little one!" He speaks with outstretched arms that you do not hesitate to run to. He quickly dismisses the others as you are placed down. You feel the embrace of your mother, a soft smile on her face as she stares at you. Once she releases you, your father begins to pour tea and you all take your seats. It leaves you a little confused as to why he did so, since you usually only had such gatherings in the afternoon.

"Vania dressed you this morning, yes? You certainly wear her tastes" your mother speaks and you nod and she smiles a bit brighter.

"Why are we having tea so early?" You asked. Your parents shared a glance before your father spoke.

"We will be quite busy today and the days after. I fear this will be the only time for a while that we will be able to do this" he explains and your face falls.

But you always had tea! No matter how busy they were!

"Don't look so sad, my starlight. It is only temporary. Let us instead enjoy the peace of this morning" your mother speaks gently and, despite still feeling quite upset at the news, you try to lighten up a little.