Chapter 2 - Settling in

Nidals POV-

Now that I'm all settled in, Me, Salish, and Jiji should probably catch up I mean I haven't seen Salish in 2 months.

"Your dad keeps telling me and Nidal that your like depressed," Jiji said trying not to laugh.

"I am not. He's being so dramatic I haven't gone out to see my friends in like 2 weeks and all of a sudden I'm some lonely depressed 16 yr old," Salish replied smiling.

I'm staring at them like they're crazy because I don't know what to say when they're just going back and forth as girls so I'm pretty much just going to wait until they stop talking and see that I'm here too. I must've done something to hint I was thinking because Salish looked at me and said "Oh sorry Nidal,"

"Huh, I mean yeah same," I didn't want them to think I wasn't paying attention because apparently that's bad manners or something.

"You want to get your nails done too?" Jiji said squinting and acting very puzzled.

"Oh sorry I must've been zoned out or something, haha.." I just awkwardly laughed until Salish brought up a better conversation where we were all just going back and forth in.

"So anything new Salish? Tell us about that guy you were talking to me about like 3 weeks ago,"

All of a sudden Salish's expression changed from being mediocre to looking a little sad. I honestly had no idea what boy they were talking about though so I just waited for Salish to respond.

"Oh Micheal? Uhh we decided to just be friends for now," She still seemed sad.

"By the way your acting I can tell it wasn't a 'we' thing and more of a 'him' thing instead," Jiji said. "You know Salish you could do way better anyway,"

I started to speak, I don't know why or how because I was kinda just trying to figure out what they meant for a while. "Is that why your dad kept saying u seemed depressed and stuff?"

Salish smiled a very obviously fake smile, "umm I don't think he knew about Micheal I'm pretty sure I only told like five people, one of them being Jiji," Jiji seemed to be proud that she was in the small circle of people Salish told. "Wait Nidal how did you know?" Salish said.

"Oh I didn't I was just wondering," I said this all while shrugging, I cared about the fact she was sad but I couldn't help but feel a little betrayed she always used to say that I would more than likely be her first boyfriend when we were like 11 and 12 or something and now it seems like she's already had one.

I guess my expression changed again because Jiji started talking, "ooOooo is Nidal jealous?" I could feel myself heating up, I really need to learn how to hide what I'm feeling better.

"No, I still barely know what your talking about, plus I've had plenty of girlfriends what's the big deal about her having some secret ex?" I said trying to hide the fact I was clearly getting redder and redder as we spoke I mean blushing is normal so I didn't care, but they do so I had to try and hide it somehow.

"Okay sure whatever you say Nidal," Jiji said and Salish was laughing as if this was somehow appealing.

I got off the couch we were talking on, "Jiji do you know if Lauren said we're staying here for as long as we're here or are we getting a hotel room?"

"We're staying here, Lauren said that on the car ride here I swear you have some hearing condition Nidal" Jiji said rolling her eyes.

"Okay whatever, where do I sleep? Do you know Salish," Salish turned her attention toward me in a clueless way before replying.

"Oh yeah, umm mom let me pick it out, you sleep to the left of my room, Jiji sleeps to the right and tell Juju that he sleeps downstairs in the Guest bedroom near the front door,"

"Okay thanks, I'm heading to bed it's like 11 pm and I woke up at 7 in the morning getting ready," I said.

"Okay good night Nidal," Salish said

"Night Nidal," Jiji said following Salish into the kitchen to do whatever girls do at 11 pm at night.

I told them good night and went up stairs, obviously I wanted to see if me or Jiji got the better room so I went into both, they looked the same except for the fact that her closet was smaller so that proves that I'm the favorite.

I knew the reason I came up here wasn't to actually sleep, I was just getting uncomfortable with the topic of boys Salish may have or may not have been dating, especially because that would probably form into boys that my sister has dated or something and that's very disgusting to hear, I can literally feel my eardrums gagging from if that topic ever came up in front of me.

I fell asleep at 12pm because my phone died, and I thought of all the good times we'll have with Salish when we're fully moved.

Salish's POV-

After Nidal went upstairs me and Jiji headed to the kitchen to make some cookies with the cookie dough I made fork scratch a couple days ago, I knew I would never put it to use so why not make cookies with it at 11pm.

"I'm so glad it's finally summer I don't think I could've lasted 2 more weeks in school without losing it," Jiji said.

"Haha, yeah same," I replied.

"I didn't want to bring it up infront of Nidal because well never mind, but are you okay about the whole Micheal thing?" She said, while rolling out the cookie dough and prepping it for the star molds me and my mom got at Tj Max.

"Well I wasn't for a while but now that you and Nidal are here I think I might just forget about it," I said as honestly as possible.

     "So any more boys I should know about other than Micheal?" She said hinting something I couldn't figure out.

     "No not really, maybe in the future," I said.

     Jiji rolled her eyes playfully, "Hola? Nidal? Cmon remember when you guys did those videos back then, everyone shipped you. I know you guys are best friends or whatever but I think, and so does the rest of the world, that you guys could be more," she said.

    I can now tell that's what she was hinting about earlier. "I don't know, I did have a big crush on him for a long time but like last year I realized it's stupid, I mean you guys live 1500 miles away and we barely see eachother I don't know if that would work out,"

Jiji's POV-

     After she said all the stuff about us living 1500 miles away I was fighting the urge to tell her about the move but I know it's a surprise.. I want to tell her so bad oh my goshhhh.

    Thankfully I just heard the oven beep, which means the timer for the cookies is up. I rushed over trying to avoid having to reply to what she said because I know that if I did, that I would most definitely accidentally tell her.

     I put the cookies in a container and told Salish I was getting tired and that we would have them tomorrow. I rushed upstairs to my room but not to quickly so she wouldn't suspect anything.

     I almost squealed when my door was shut I was contemplating if what I did was stupid or not. After thinking about it for like 10 minutes I got ready for bed and told myself that it was better than telling her the truth because it's a surprise.

     A big surprise.

A/N- I hope you enjoyed this chapter I want stuff to move slowly but not so slowly ppl think that this story is boring lmao it's still short tho so sorry lmao