CHAPTER NINE: MEN ARE THE MONSTERS

Start from the beginning

The doctor kept glancing at Julia who glared at him but kept her mouth shut knowing they wouldn't survive the night if he decided to kick them out.

"Doctors always go around packing heat like that?" Daryl asks looking g at the gun the doctor still carries his voice sounding bitter.

"There were plenty left lying around. I familiarized myself. But you look harmless enough. Except you. I'll have to keep my eye on you." He chuckles staring at Carl who smirks amused by the doctor.

But Julia didn't trust him. But her not trusting a man wasn't exactly news either.

They walk through a corridor once the elevator finally stopped Julia felt her breathing get harsher as if oxygen was lacking. She felt a bit confined.

"Are we underground?" Carol asks only voicing Julia's theories and worries.

"Are you claustrophobic?" Dr Jenner asks back as Carol says in a softer voice a little. He just spins around unbothered by her unease, "Try not to think about it." He says in an unbothered tone making Julia narrow her eyes on him. She lowly mocks him under her breath making Raya stifle a little laugh that makes Julia smile more to herself.

"Vi bring up the lights in the big room." Dr Jenner announces and someone does as he says. Something Julia notices- is they have t seen another person besides Jenner. You would think with a whole facility their would be another person in sight.

Especially with a group of strangers in the building.

"Welcome to Zone 5" he says while someone finally voices Julia's thoughts. "Where is everybody?" Rick asks and the doctor looks to silently sigh before facing them grimly.

"The other doctors. The staff?" Rick continues as the man slowly put his eyes on Julia who glares at him in warning hand on her sword.

"I'm it. It's just me here." Jenner says as if it's no big deal but Julia wondered if the lack in socialization made him crazy. "What about Vi? The woman you spoke to?" Julia asks making him stare at her more as he could see- she probably had an idea.

"Vi, say hello to our guests. Tell them... welcome." He says while staring her down to see if she would be surprised by the robot voice answering. She wasn't.

"Hello guests. Welcome." It says mimicking his exact words making the other looks somewhat surprised by the revelation.

"I'm all that's left. I'm sorry. " he says before turning away from them and taking them where he would draw blood making Julia glare at him as everyone went before her. Even Raya who held Julia's hand did it. Andrea and Julia were all that was left to go.

"What's the point? If we were infected, we'd all be running a fever." Andrea asks with annoyance as her blood is taken Julia was trying to muster the courage to have this man touch her but it proved hard as the bile filled her throat at just the thought.

"I've already broken every rule in the book letting you in here. Let me just be thorough. All done." He says letting Andrea leave as his sights eg on Julia who's jaw clenched tightly. She could see Rick staring at her form the corner of her eyes.

Andrea stumbles making Jenner concerned as Jackie grabs her to guide her away.

"Are you okay?" He asks as the blonde swallows harshly feeling faint as the group hadn't eaten much the past few days.

"None of us have." Someone says making him nod and look to Julia softly. "You can eat after I take the last sample." His eyes pierce her as if to say come sit but the woman glares at him menacingly.