65. Best Friends Wale Fights

Start from the beginning

Priya saw Tarun getting a little uncomfortable with everything.

Priya: Achha Tarun Uncle pasand nahi toh Tarun Bhaiya toh bula sakti hai na?

Suddenly she saw Tarun's eyes twinkle and a small smile forming on his lips.

Tarun: Haan yeh thik hai.

Priya chuckled softly and nodded.

Priya: Thik hai. Sorry mujhe tumse kal hi baat kar lena chahiye tha par...

Priya couldn't complete her sentence.

Tarun(giving her a sweet smile): Bhabhi main samajhta hoon. Aap jaake baitho please. Main abhi chai leke aaya. Yahan garmi mein aur baithoge toh sar dard badh jayega.

Priya(gratefully): Tum log ho isliye toh main thodi chain ki saans le paati hoon. Pihu ko akela sambhala hai maine itne din aur asaan nahi hai woh. Par tum log ho meri madat kar dete ho isliye ab itna pressure feel nahi hota. So thank you.

Tarun(feeling embarrassed): Nahi nahi bhabhi yeh toh kuch nahi hai. Hume achha lagta hai Pihu baby ke saath. Kal toh usne bohot help ki meri shopping karne mein.

Priya: Matlab?

Tarun: Hume jo jo chahiye tha unn unn shelf ke paas gaye aur Pihu baby ne cheezein basket mein daali. Choti hai. Usse jitna ho paya usne help kiya.

Priya: Haan Pihu bol rahi thi mujhe. Usse supermarket jaana bohot achha lagta hai.

Tarun(with a smile): Bhabhi aap tension mat lo. Pihu baby achhi bachhi hai.

Priya nodded with a small smile and went to sit in the living room. A little later Tarun came with a cup of tea with some biscuits, a strip of Paracetamol, and a roll-on balm.

Priya: Thank you Tarun.

She applied the roll-on and then took a sip of her tea. Tarun gave her a smile when he saw Ram also coming downstairs, rubbing his forehead.

Tarun: Sir main coffee laun?

Ram nodded so Tarun again went to the kitchen. Ram was about to sit on the one-seater just beside Priya but as soon as he met her angry eyes, he almost ran towards the other one-seater which was kept a little far from there. He swallowed hard and lowered his gaze as another wave of guilt and shame washed over him.

Priya looked at him from the corner of her eye and noticed that he was pressing his eyelids together while rubbing his forehead. At that moment, Ram opened his eyes and they met hers. He saw a flicker of care in her chocolate brown orbs just before she shifted her gaze. Ram kept looking at her, wanting her to at least look at him. He saw her eyes fall on the roll-on and she rolled it on the coffee table so that it could reach towards him. Ram caught it on time before it could fall of the table.

Ram(softly): Thank you.

Priya turned her head away from him. Ram stared at her for some seconds before applying the roll-on on his forehead.

Ram(softly): Priya? Yeh sab kya hai? Tum Suresh ko bol rahi ho mujhe Office drop karde. Tum aise roll-on pass kar rahi ho mujhe. Par baat nahi kar rahi ho mujhse. At least baat toh karo. Gussa karo mujhpe. Lad lo.

There was pin-drop silence for some seconds until Priya spoke up.

Priya(not meeting his eyes, sadly): Kya karoon Ram? Aapke jaisi nahi bann sakti na...ke gusse mein care karna bhi bhul jaun.

Taking her cup from the table, Priya stormed out of there and sat at the poolside. Ram felt his breath catch as she said those words to him but he knew her anger was justified and he deserved that behaviour. Tears came into his eyes as he saw her retreating figure.