─ 𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧.

Start from the beginning

In a split second, Magdalena found Eddie sitting at the foot of the hospital bed, simply staring at her. While the girl was occupying herself by keeping her oncoming blush at bay, Eddie was analyzing and memorizing every single detail of Magdalena's face. He couldn't help it. This was the same girl who went after him just for a rescue attempt after he decided to be reckless. Eddie continued to fidget about how his decisions caused Magdalena to wind up in a crappy hospital bed.

"Your dad's waiting outside. He came in fifteen minutes ago to see if you were awake, but you obviously weren't, so I was put in charge to be your guard dog, but I don't mind. Shit, I almost forgot. Lulu was also here, but she got kicked out for being too loud. But back to your dad, he, uh, he's really worried about you. I have never seen that man be so anxious."

Eddie's informative words about Lulu being okay and how her dad had gotten wind of her prediction didn't seem to trouble Magdalena. For one, she could actually congratulate Steve for managing to keep her best friend safe and two, her dad was more often than not always worried for her. And Marion May had every right to worry about his only child, but Magdalena's main concern shifted from possibly being able to reunite with her dad to finally revealing her plans about leaving town. The girl vied for Eddie to come with her. Frankly, it was overly selfish, however, it was also the first selfish thing she'd thought of in a long time. Magdalena felt like she deserved this. She felt like she finally deserved happiness that wasn't temporary. In a flurry of emotions, Magdalena didn't exactly propose a question for Eddie about how he felt about leaving town, instead, she blurted it all out:

"When can I get out of here? I need to leave. We need to leave. How does New Orleans sound? My uncle's got a place down there. We can leave all this behind at any time."

Silence set in around the room after that, though what Magdalena said kept Eddie thinking. He seemed intrigued by getting out of his hometown especially to see a place like New Orleans. The guy had nothing holding him back. Truly he didn't. He would go with Magdalena in a heartbeat—that was his final decision. But Eddie knew he couldn't afford to be impetuous again which is why the guy chose to save his answer for Magdalena until she was fully recovered.

Eddie presumed that the girl wouldn't be able to figure out what his answer would be. He was very wrong. As soon as Magdalena spotted the mere appearance of a satisfied and ecstatic side smile present on Eddie's lips, the brunette already knew he'd be coming along. Enthusiasm seemed like the only thing fueling her body and with this sudden boost of energy, the brunette began gradually sitting up in the bed and stretching her arms and legs completely unbeknownst to Eddie.

"Let's just worry about you getting better for now. The nurse made it clear that you can't get out of this hospital bed until tomorrow. I also got told to leave, but I didn't listen—Wait, wait, wait! What are you doing, Magdalena?"

Eddie couldn't help but cut himself off when he witnessed Magdalena shifting the light blanket off her body, revealing her unflattering hospital gown right before the girl began sliding the IV needle out of her forearm. Eddie seemed to turn white at the sight, never having been a fan of needles—more specifically needles going under the skin—though he seemed to get over his phobia straight away when he finally contextualized that Magdalena was shifting her body over to the edge of the bed. The brunette now had her legs partially dangling off the mattress, contemplating if she was in good enough shape to move. Short answer: she wasn't. But Magdalena didn't take any of her external bruises into consideration nor the fact that the Upside Down had drained her insides rather badly. Leaving everything behind just seemed to be more important for Magdalena than wasting precious time in a hospital.