─ 𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐥𝐯𝐞.

Start from the beginning

"Um, I don't know if you've noticed, but Nancy doesn't seem like the type of chick to enjoy Black Sabbath or Iron Maiden on a daily basis. Or at all for that matter."

Magdalena reminded Eddie as she held up a cassette and sarcastically waved it around with a pointed look on her face. Eddie ran a hand through his hair nervously and began pacing—as if that would solve anything. The brunette chewed on her lower lip in discontent, her nail tapping against the cover of the cassette as she attempted to come up with something very soon.

The fast-paced happenings in the room jumbled up Magdalena's mind aptly, however, she wasn't giving up or letting the disarray get the best of her. With the freshmen all arguing amongst themselves, Erica rolling her eyes heavily, Robin and Eddie about to have double panic attacks, Lulu had to be the one to offer a suggestion. And she did. Though it may not have been too ideal, she was doing her best with what she had. There was no pop-y music available so she thought of the next best thing.

"I say we start singing Carole King songs acapella style. There's nothing useful here. It's all rock music and more rock music. Holy shit, Eddie. Diversity much? I'm embarrassed for you."

Lulu still managed to criticize Eddie as she turned to him with hands on her hips and a boatload of attitude dripping off her stance alone. Magdalena really felt like smashing her own head into the wall when an all-out screaming match broke out between Lulu and Eddie about what was good music and what wasn't. They couldn't have picked a worse time to argue over Eddie's collection of music. Nancy was in a serious predicament and Magdalena's two favorite idiots chose to bicker in the meanwhile.

Thankfully, the brunette's keen ears picked up Steve's voice over all the racket, and with that, Magdalena stood up urgently and raced back to the portal on the ceiling. Her breathing decreased tremendously as she watched Nancy slowly regain consciousness. When the two girls glanced at each other, Nancy was pleased to find Magdalena blessing her with a heartfelt half-smile. The May girl hadn't given her one of those since their tutoring sessions and Nancy found it beyond comforting especially after breaking free of her previous mental cage.

"You're okay, Nancy. We'll make sure you're okay. C'mon, I'll help you out of there. The mattress isn't too comfortable. Almost broke my back on the damn thing."

Magdalene offered a lame joke to ease Nancy's racing mind as she watched the Wheeler girl stand up with shaking knees and crazed eyes. Steve turned to Nancy, silently questioning her if she was ready to start climbing up, and when he received an apprehensive nod from her, the guy gestured at the makeshift rope and stood beside it just in case Nancy didn't have enough energy to make it on the first try. Magdalena stood on the mattress with a hand held upwards for Nancy as she watched her ex-tutor steadily climb further and further toward the hole in the ceiling. The brunette made sure to tightly grip Nancy's hand when the older girl was close enough and in a split second, Nancy fell back into the normal Hawkins—the place that didn't contain any flesh-eating bats.

Magdalena awkwardly caught Nancy with her arms secured around her waist and soon enough the young witch was helping Nancy stand on her own two feet once again. And in that exact moment, everyone came running out of Eddie's bedroom, pushing and shoving—overly eager to catch a glimpse of the scene and make sure they were actually seeing what they were seeing. Lulu—being the group's unofficial cheerleader of sorts—clapped her hands ecstatically and ran over to Nancy, firing questions at her about her well-being and what happened. Magdalena led Nancy away from the group gathering around them so she wouldn't get overwhelmed. All would be answered soon enough if it was up to Nancy Wheeler's upfront nature.