𝟎𝟑 | cigarettes out the window

Start from the beginning

He snorted in disbelief. "It can't be all that bad. You got that business degree and you're working in that sweet office. Place must be filled with some smart dudes and cool girls."

Ines chuckles, not wanting to mention that it was only a part time gig, "No, there's no one."

"Oh, don't tell me you don't got no game"

"I got game" Ines defended herself, "Just haven't found the one worth my time..." Her uncle gave her look. "Alright, alright, there is someone" Ines confessed. "Sorta, I don't know. He's just so intense and so serious all the time, but...damn his eyes. Ugh! It's annoying" Ines goes on, "But I know he doesn't see me that way." After all, he probably only viewed her as a reliable member of his elite force, always there when he called for her.

Her uncle laughed, adjusting the beanie over his bald ass head. "Nah, in that case I can't have no niece of mine out here making a fool of herself. You know the triangle method?"

Ines raised her eyebrow, "Should I know what that means?"

"Tomorrow or whenever you see him, you go right up to him and look him in the eyes, his mouth and eyes again. It's that slick trick y'all girls do with us"

Ines snorted, "You serious right now?"

"I'm telling you it's science. Works every time on us" Uncle Alis grinned. "Oh, and don't even get me started on the shoulder touch. If your guy does it, he definitely wants you"

"Okay, now your just making shit up" Ines snickered.

Just then the gizmo watch alerted her of a message. Ines nearly jumped at the vibration and pulled out her phone to play it off. "Is that him?"

Ines sighed, "Yeah, for work" she said, giving him a "I told you so" look.

"Don't worry about it, Ines. Work on those tricks and he gon' be on his knees begging for you"

Now that's something I would love to see

Ines playfully rolled her eyes and waved her uncle bye, soon teleporting to Earth-928, year 2099, swinging to Miguel's headquarters ready to be told what dimension to go to next. However, when she arrived he was nowhere to be found.

Seriously? Does he think I have all this free time?

Ines sighed, impatiently waiting in his headquarters, sensing time slow down. Eventually, she began to hang upside down, scrolling through her phone, waiting for something to happen. And when nothing did she began messing around with Miguel's devices, soon growing bored enough to look at the
Arachno-Humanoid Poly Verse or as she liked to say, the Spider's Map. It was a model that mapped out the nodes where the lines converged, conveying each and every Spider persons cannons.

Ines glanced around making sure no one was around before pulling up her own map, rewatching the memories of her life. Miguel was strict about them not looking at it on their own, but Ines couldn't help it if he was taking forever.

She leaned closer, carefully watching her younger self sit, listening intently to her mothers words as she scribbled against the white board, trying to tell explain her latest discoveries.

My mom wasn't really around growing up. And if she was she'd talk about her projects with Oscorp's Industries. I didn't mind. I really thought she was cool, trying to make a difference in this world.