Baby, Let Me In

Chapter Two – Baby, Let Me In

There's nothing like us. There's nothing like you and me. Together, through the storm. There's nothing like us. There's nothing like you and me. Together, oh.

The next morning, the only thing Kensi heard was Deeks' voice. "Kensi... hey, we're going in for the takedown. Sam and Callen showed up early because I saw someone going into the warehouse. C'mon." He laughed and sat her up.

She sat up and looked at Deeks' jacket slung over her. "Deeks, did you put this here last night?" Kensi questioned, a blush creeping up to her cheeks.

"Yeah, you looked cold almost as soon as you fell asleep so I gave you my jacket." He smiled and kissed her cheek.

"Let's go then?" She smiled softly and got out of the car, handing him his jacket back.

They put their vests on and jogged over to Sam and Callen. "Are you two ready? For this we are not splitting up, it's too dangerous." Callen looked at the two of them and they nodded.

"Let's roll..." Sam led the team into the warehouse and they all followed in behind him. As they rounded a few corners, Kensi didn't hear Deeks' footsteps behind her.

She turned and saw he was gone. "Deeks? Deeks where are you?" She felt tears well up in her eyes.

"Kensi, where's Deeks?" Callen turned around and she looked at him. "Kensi, relax... we'll find him I promise."

As if on cue, a man walked out with a gun to Deeks' head. "Don't you dare come closer; I swear if you come any closer, I'll paint the wall with his brains." The Latino man snapped.

"Let him go!" Kensi cried and Callen put his arms around her waist and pulled her outside.

"Kensi stop! Kensi!!" Callen yelled, but she still fought against him.

"No! Deeks! Please let him go! Please!!" She yelled, the tears falling down her face. "DEEKS!!" She screamed.

Callen pulled her out and pinned her against the car. "Kensi stop. Sam's got him, he'll be okay." He pulled her into a hug.

"What if he doesn't make it?!" She cried and started to run back towards the warehouse.

By the time she got there, Deeks and Sam were running out and then the building exploded. Sam and Deeks were knocked off their feet and Kensi gasped, running faster to where they were exactly.

Deeks stood up and wiped the sweat from his face and turned to see Kensi standing there waiting for him. "Kens..." He smiled and jogged over to her.

She smiled as he reached her and the two embraced in a hug. Deeks arms wrapped around Kensi's waist and he lifted her off her feet.

As he did so, Kensi wrapped her arms around his neck and smiled as he spun her around. "I'm so glad you're okay Deeks!!" She smiled as he set her down.

"You shouldn't have been so worried, I mean come on... I have a natural aversion to death." He chuckled and she smacked his arm.

"Shut up. Well at least that's over." She let out a sigh of relief as she hugged him again.

Callen and Sam exchanged a look but didn't say anything as they looked to their two friends. "Alright, well let's head back home. We'll see you tomorrow you two." Sam laughed and headed back to the car with Callen.

"Do you want a beer? We can have it at my place." Kensi offered and headed back to the car.

"That sounds good... especially after the day I've had." Deeks chuckled and followed Kensi to the car.

Come on skinny love just last the year. Pour a little salt you were never here. My my my, my my my, my-my my-my... staring at the sink of blood and crushed veneer.

After their first beer, Kensi was nearly falling asleep and was only staying awake to talk to Deeks.

He noticed her slowly drifting off though and put their beers down. Carefully, he slipped one arm around her waist and the other under the bend in her knees.

"C'mon you... time for bed." He carried her to bed and laid her down, turning to leave.

"Deeks, wait." Kensi's eyes opened ever so slightly and her voice was tired.

"Yeah Kens?" He turned around.

She propped herself up on her elbow and moved her braid off her shoulder. "Will you stay with me? Please? I-I'm too scared to be alone right now..." She breathed.

He nodded and walked over to her and lay beside her. "Yeah I'll stay... I'll be right here." He kissed her head.

It's stormy out, so baby let me in. I can help I know I can. Together we're never gonna fall. Its stormy now, but the sun's gonna shine again. Even the worst storms gotta end. We're better if we weather it all, yeah. Together we're never gonna fall.

Halfway through the night, Deeks was still awake and Kensi had begun shaking. He looked over at her, thinking that she was probably just cold, so he just put another blanket over her.

Two minutes later she sat up, crying. "Deeks no! No, no, NO!!" She screamed.

Deeks jumped and turned to her. "Kensi? Hey Kens..." He put his hands on her cheeks. "I'm right here." He pulled her into his arms.

"D-Deeks... I-I thought you were dead... in my dream you were and I just... Deeks, you're the only person I trust and I can't let you die." She cried into his chest.

"Hey relax... I'm right here." He whispered, kissing her head and rubbing her back. "I'm alright, I'm alive and here... I'm not leaving."

She nodded slowly and her breaths evened out and she fell back to sleep.

Drop everything now. Meet me in the pouring rain, kiss me on the sidewalk, take away the pain. 'Cause I've seen sparks fly, whenever you smile. Get me with those green eyes, baby, as the lights go down. Give me something that will haunt me when you're not around. 'Cause I've seen sparks fly, whenever you smile.

It had been a week since their takedown and things had gone back to normal for the most part.

The Friday night however, Kensi and Deeks had a date and had both taken off as soon as they could. "So I'll pick you up in half an hour?" He smiled as he dropped her off at her apartment.

"Sounds good, I'll see you then." She smiled and raced inside.

Hopping in the shower she was determined to make herself look perfect for her first date with Deeks.

Pulling on a short black dress and her black heels, she made sure her hair was straight and perfect. She put on black mascara and eyeliner and light pink lip gloss just as Deeks rang the doorbell.

"Coming!" She called out and grabbed her black clutch and slung it over her shoulder, putting her phone and keys in it.

Opening the door, she stared at Deeks in awe, as he did the same to her. "Kensi... you look amazing..." He breathed and stepped inside.

"And you look... perfect." She whispered back and looked up at him.

He looked at her and they leaned forward. Feeling their lips touch ever so gently, the fireworks started flying. They were meant for each other.